Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos at Raiders: Game Notes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Interestingly at IAOFM, one of the writers does a Post Game "Gut Reaction" and numbers his points.. Something like The Positives, Negatives..

    Price is he plagiarizing you?

    Comment


    • #17
      I agree that at least the first playoff game, their opponent will try to control TOP by running a lot. My hope is that Champ displays his great talent against the run and that the Broncos force runs to go wide...I.e. little to nothing easy up the gut. I like Trevathon and Champ crushing the edges.

      Denver's defense excelled yesterday at getting off the field. The first half was as much dominance as I've ever seen by a team. What was the time TOP for the first half?

      Comment


      • #18
        Defense played very well yesterday
        Then again the Raiders are a step above Bethune Cookman in terms of NFL players

        But Sly stepping up is huge for us
        BTW I also have though Sly has looked better and held his gaps better so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't plagiarize my thoughts

        Comment


        • #19
          I actually want us to just go out and drub everyone by simply scoring so many points that it flies in the face of the convention that you can't win in the post season without good defense. The so called experts everywhere (the kind that just repeat what everyone else is saying) would burst into flames if this happens.....

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by pricejj View Post
            Pryor doesn't make quick decisions, and is pretty horrible after sitting 6 games. He had at least 3 seconds on most of his drop backs, especially when the Broncos only rushed 4.

            Rivers and Brady would tear that up.
            Pryor is awful. Any sign of slightest pressure and he 360 spins to his left making a harder throw and costing him time. Yesterday's game told me nothing about this defense. What it did though was point how the Broncos will have to win against good defenses in the playoffs which is run the other team out of the game early on the scoreboard.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
              Pryor is awful. Any sign of slightest pressure and he 360 spins to his left making a harder throw and costing him time. Yesterday's game told me nothing about this defense. What it did though was point how the Broncos will have to win against good defenses in the playoffs which is run the other team out of the game early on the scoreboard.
              It didnt say much, but its better than a bad raider offense carving it apart. It did NOTHING. And for a team that had trouble stopping the run against SD, their last two opponents got their butts whipped in the run game.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Br0nc0Buster View Post
                BTW I also have though Sly has looked better and held his gaps better so I would appreciate it if you wouldn't plagiarize my thoughts
                I've actually been stealing your thoughts all year. Many thanks are in order. Can't believe you didn't find out sooner. A check with revenue proceeds is in the mail.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                  12. Montee Ball ends the season averaging 4.7 ypc, after having a very slow start to the year.
                  Good find! Good enough for 7th in the NFL amongst Running Backs. He came on very nicely at the end of the year. I really like how he has been running. I think he is going to end up being a good pick, and I don't think it's such a slam dunk the Lacy will be the better player long-term.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by outdoor_miner View Post
                    Good find! Good enough for 7th in the NFL amongst Running Backs. He came on very nicely at the end of the year. I really like how he has been running. I think he is going to end up being a good pick, and I don't think it's such a slam dunk the Lacy will be the better player long-term.
                    Montee Ball is running with power and authority right now.

                    It is a treat to watch our 1-2 punch, and it should scare the rest of the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                      Congratulations to the Broncos for securing the #1 seed in the AFC, and getting an automatic bid to the elite 8. Let's get to it.


                      1. The Broncos are missing their top 3 pass-rushers from 2012 (Miller, Dumervil, Wolfe). The Broncos pass-rush will need to rely on pure emotion, and timely blitzes to generate consistent pressure in the playoffs, because the talent is lacking.
                      2. Hopefully Derek Wolfe can return so we won't have to see Jeremy Mincey at 5-tech anymore. Mincey might be able to pressure occasionally in spots, but hasn't shown to be particularly effective in edge containment.
                      3. Sylvester Williams continues to improve in gap control against the run, and gain strength while working into game shape. His leadership potential is also beginning to show.
                      4. Lucky for the Broncos that Nate Webster got a lot of work early in the year, because he has stepped in nicely and is performing. Von Miller can't be replaced, but Irving (at his best) makes a couple big plays per game.
                      5. The Broncos run Defense looks more cohesive to end the season after the breakdown against the Chargers. Cohesion is the key.
                      6. Champ Bailey continues to gain confidence, and learn his new position. Hopefully he'll be ready in 2 weeks to start making more breaks on the ball.
                      7. I like what Micheal Huff gives the Broncos off the bench as an edge blitzer. They need all the help they can get to manufacture pressure.
                      8. The Broncos are playing lots of guys at Safety, but they will lean on Mike Adams and Duke Ihenacho to make plays when it counts.
                      9. You have to wonder how badly a playoff QB will be able to pick the Broncos Safeties apart while getting >3 seconds to throw the ball.
                      10. Wesley Woodyard was introduced as a starter, but MIKE in base remains to be Paris Lenon, and it's here to stay. Both players are showing positive energy, which is good.
                      11. Unfortunately, the newly shaped Defense remains largely untested until the Divisional round, when it's "win or go home".
                      12. Montee Ball ends the season averaging 4.7 ypc, after having a very slow start to the year.
                      13. Both Knowshon Moreno and Ball have hit their stride. The Broncos running game is much improved from last year, averaging 4.1 ypc. These guys are 1st down machines, with great open-field abilty, and great hands.
                      14. Behind Peyton Manning, the Best Offense Ever is hitting on all cylinders heading into the playoffs.
                      15. The formula to beat the Broncos Offense? Same as always. Pressure Manning, and keep him off the field. Easier said than done, but the Chargers did it in Mile High. The Broncos know it is all about execution for 60 minutes.
                      16. Lost in all the hoopla? The entire Broncos Offense isn't dropping the ball anymore, and that is a very good thing.
                      17. The team has a chip on their shoulder, and the #1 seed. Bring on all challengers at Mile High.
                      Nate Webster, interesting

                      The raiders gave up after it was 7-0. I don't think we can take much of anything from this game.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                        Interestingly at IAOFM, one of the writers does a Post Game "Gut Reaction" and numbers his points.. Something like The Positives, Negatives..

                        Price is he plagiarizing you?
                        No, he probably started doing his first. I have been thinking of naming this list, which channels Omane posters thoughts (including yours). Instead of "gut reaction", I was thinking of naming it "bowel movement". Yes, I've already inquired about a copyright, so don't bother asking.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                          No, he probably started doing his first. I have been thinking of naming this list, which channels Omane posters thoughts (including yours). Instead of "gut reaction", I was thinking of naming it "bowel movement". Yes, I've already inquired about a copyright, so don't bother asking.
                          !!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Game was at best an exhibition quality performance and a nice easy coast to end the season. The Faid had nothing to play for, and it showed. Essentially an extra bye week.

                            I'm worried about overconfidence (the downfall in both NE and vs SD) from this "game" which appears to be the biggest non-physical Achilles heel of this team.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                              Nate Webster, interesting
                              Lol. Didn't see that. The legend continues.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                If this team gets overconfident going into the playoffs after the Ravens game last year then they're idiots, frankly.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X