Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And how did that work out for us

Comment

One game at a time boys... lets make it out of the DR round before we speculate any further... superstitious

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
        Agreed. Cincinnati and NE are the only two teams that actually scare me a little.
        Cincy is 3-5 on the road and scores 16 points per game LESS than they do at home where they finished 8-0. They did win big today but Dalton threw 4 picks, too.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
          Why is anybody scared of SD? Lightning don't strike twice, not in a month anyway. Cincinnati scares me some. NE, no way, not in Denver.
          A lot of reasons really, but none rational. It will be pointed out by some that the Chargers have the "blueprint" to beat the Broncos. The same blueprint that the Texans forgot to look at in the 4th quarter, and the raiders didn't bother with at all.

They also will tell you that because they beat us 2 weeks ago then it is certain they will beat us again. They are forgetting that they also beat the chiefs when the chiefs actually wanted to win the game, but should have lost when they played thier reserves.

Last, but not least, they forget that they lost to the Bengals 17-10 at home, even though the Bengals did not travel well this year. But some how they will beat a much more talented team overall than them on the road, and come to Denver. Could happen of course, but just not likely.

Pats are waaaay more scary than the Chargers, IMO. But hopefully someone upsets them before they get to us. That team could be the Bengals, but like I said, they don't travel well.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
            11 straight wins with the opening playoff game against a team we crushed in their house. We had every right to be cocky.

The playoffs are a different beast though.

It's like how you see people crowning Seattle in the NFC this year, like all they have to do is show up and they'll be in the Superbowl. Every year the playoffs produce several massive upsets, and every year people are shocked that this happened.

It's a one off game of football, anything can happen. By all means be confident, believe your team should win. But people were outright dismissive of Baltimore before the game, that I don't get.

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post
              There's not a single team in the playoffs we're not capable of beating comfortably if we play well on both sides of the ball.

Conversely, there's not a single team out there that can't beat us if we don't bring keep our **** together.

If we do manage to go all the way it'll be an emotional rollercoaster. Last year a lot of the fanbase was ridiculously cocky going into the playoffs, this year I don't think we will be. Hopefully our team has just that right amount of fear driving them on, keeping them focused.
              repped

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                Any given day, any team can beat each other. To say you are not scared or worried, you are a fool. It has been seen on more than 1 occasion that Denver can lay an egg. We have lost to 1/2 of the AFC playoff teams this year, there is no reason to think it is impossible that an outcome like that could not happen again.

Denver has to come out ready to play and execute the game plan. Limit the turn overs, dropped passes and stupid ass penalties and hope Holliday gets held up in traffic or lost getting to the stadium. No round is a cake walk, all you need to do is go back to last year.
                I agree, especially after last year's one and done playoff appearance. The good thing is that 2 of those 3 losses were on the road, and the Chargers had a great gameplan when they won here. Our defense couldn't stop the run and get off the field.

That said, it will be nice to get those teams at HOME. Last year's crowd was outstanding in the playoff loss to the ravens. I expect the atmosphere to be even better in 2 weeks at the Divisional game.

Comment

It's like how you see people crowning Seattle in the NFC this year, like all they have to do is show up and they'll be in the Superbowl. Every year the playoffs produce several massive upsets, and every year people are shocked that this happened.

It's a one off game of football, anything can happen. By all means be confident, believe your team should win. But people were outright dismissive of Baltimore before the game, that I don't get.

I was one of these people. We did a playoff version of the podcast. My hubris was insane that day.

Comment

Comment

I think some of the players may have been too. Unthinkable, I know, but some played like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Archer81 View Post
                        I was one of these people. We did a playoff version of the podcast. My hubris was insane that day.

Yeah, I remember.

Comment

I like being the last game of the weekend

The other games will be the opening acts to get me pumped for the main event

Comment

Whoever we play in the divisional round will be at least a 5 point underdog and will be facing the best offense in nfl history on the road. Bring them on, I really want to see the broncos beat the cheifs 3 times but I doubt they win in January so colts top my wish list.

Comment

I would also like to play the chefs again, Nothing better than potentially beating a division rival 3 times in a year. The AFC has to go through Denver, I just hope we make every team pay for coming here. Hurry up offense and a lot of run plays will wear down any defense that plays in Mile High.

Comment

The Bengals Pats game might be pretty good but Cincinnati isn't a very good road team.

Comment

Working...
                                X