No announcement yet.

Black Monday watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like what Gase has done this year. His playcalling way superior to McCoy, but I can't see him getting a HC job just yet. 2-3 years too early. JDR to Minny makes sense, but I'd rather keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by HorseHead View Post
      Jim Schwartz, come on down!...

Actually, there is a chance he (Schwartz) might keep his gig. Talk about an under achieving team. That's where the talent is.
      Schwartz is horrible -- would be bizarre if he is retained for 2014. Never has a head coach done less with so much talent.

Also, how does Jeff Ireland keep his job in Miami year after year?

Comment

Adam SchefterVerified account
        ‏@AdamSchefter
        Denver coordinators, Jack Del Rio and Adam Gase, on Vikings' radar, per sources. Del Rio played LB for Vikings, Minn has inquired about Gase

Comment

Just don't understand the Del Rio love out there (or most all coaching re-treads for that matter). Our Defense is very hard to watch and while our talent level isn't the greatest, JDR has not shown ****. He can leave and it wouldn't be a loss at all (hope he takes our ST coach with him!).

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
            Just don't understand the Del Rio love out there (or most all coaching re-treads for that matter). Our Defense is very hard to watch and while our talent level isn't the greatest, JDR has not shown ****. He can leave and it wouldn't be a loss at all (hope he takes our ST coach with him!).
            Our defense is arguably peaking at the right time. Back in late October, they were ranked #29 in the league in total defense. Today, they are ranked #19 in total defense, 6th in forced fumbles and 12 in INTs. It may not always look pretty, but we've technically been playing at a top 10 level for the last two months.

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
              Our defense is arguably peaking at the right time. Back in late October, they were ranked #29 in the league in total defense. Today, they are ranked #19 in total defense, 6th in forced fumbles and 12 in INTs. It may not always look pretty, but we've technically been playing at a top 10 level for the last two months.
              Considering the injuries and suspensions on D and throwing in the stint as interim head coach that he had to deal with on top of in hindsight how well he did with the dumpster fire of an organization in Jax. Yeah I would at least take a look at him.

Minny would probably be a good fit. They are a solid team just in need of a good QB - though they are drafting 8th, 5 teams ahead of them might take a QB. A bit like the KC situation last year.

All this applies to the Texans job, but even more so. They have the top pick and their choice of top QB to take there. (they aren't looking at JDR as far as I know)

Comment

Originally posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
                And let's be frank -- we have no safeties or ILBs that any of the other 31 teams in the NFL would want. Del Rio has to cook with the groceries that the FO buys.

Comment

Schiano gone, as per NFL.com.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...-losing-season

Comment

Faux John Madden ‏@FauxJohnMadden 37s

Buccaneers fire Greg Schiano. It took them 17 weeks but they finally cured a staff infection.

Comment

Has Schwartz been canned yet?

Appears almost half the league is looking for a coach now.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                        Another college coach failing in the NFL. You'd think NFL execs would start seeing the trend at some point.

Comment

I'd be surprised if Miami doesn't can Joe Philbin.

Epic collapse at the end of the season plus all of the other bull**** that went on with Incognito the Bully.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post

I would hire Kubiak, Schiano, Shanahan, Frazier, AND Chudzinski over Schwartz. How does that joker still have a job?

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                              Good. He makes Jim Schwartz look like a decent person.

Comment

Originally posted by 24champ View Post

I think they are keeping him. Too cheap to pay him his 6 mil or whatever he is owed.

Comment

Working...
                                X