X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    Osweiler was part of Plan A.

"Impact players."

Trevathan in his round outweighs David in the second. What stinks is not getting someone who could have contributed immediately at a PON.

Outside a few selections, the drafting with our regime is still suspect. Players who have been here prior, plus our good FA pick-ups have been pulling the weight. Here is to hoping they address true needs and get good players this draft.
    I am still praying for a MIKE in the draft, and have been since the end of Wilson

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
      I am still praying for a MIKE in the draft, and have been since the end of Wilson
      We can only hope. I watched Khalil Mack highlights yesterday and he is solid. I can see where BPC thinks Van Noy could do it for us. Very well rounded players. We would have to move up. Even for Mosley too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lestat View Post
        Old school NFL theory was that you sat a QB for 1-2 seasons behind a vet and then started him after he was a understudy. That pretty much all went out of the window with Matt Ryan.
        Thank you. I was talking on draft day last year about the new QB paradigm, and how rookies start ALL THE TIME now, especially re: Osweiler instead of David. Who'd be looking pretty damnedably good in orange right about now. Osweiler might be teriffic e-v-e-n-t-u-ally, but we had a 2-4 year window with Peyton, we shouldda loaded every barrel.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
          Thank you. I was talking on draft day last year about the new QB paradigm, and how rookies start ALL THE TIME now, especially re: Osweiler instead of David. Who'd be looking pretty damnedably good in orange right about now. Osweiler might be teriffic e-v-e-n-t-u-ally, but we had a 2-4 year window with Peyton, we shouldda loaded every barrel.
          Again, we weren't even sure we had a one year window with Manning.

Comment

• Originally posted by bowtown View Post
            Again, we weren't even sure we had a one year window with Manning.
            Like Brock would have been able step up last season and lead this team as 1 yr starter in college. No way. You take flyers in the mid rounds not the 2nd.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
              Like Brock would have been able step up last season and lead this team as 1 yr starter in college. No way. You take flyers in the mid rounds not the 2nd.
              You need an intervention.

Comment

• I need an intervention, too ... the Von injury spells trouble down the line here. And it's exactly the kind of situation I was thinking of when I went soapbox on draft day on the Osweiler/over/David pick.

Comment

• In fact, I spend plenty of time hiding from my old posts ... I'm gonna go the other way .....

Please pardon an old man re-posting an old rant that looks mildly prescient. For now anyway. If it changes, here's hoping I find some way to hide from this re-post:

With period-specific avatar, I might add.
                  http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...3&postcount=81

Comment

Working...
                  X