QB's who sat then became Pro Bowlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    We drafted a backup in the 2nd and its now a wasted pick. Spin it how ever you like but that **** is absolute fact b****es.
    Thanks for several pages of wasting everyone's time to make this two year old point. At least this thread gave us a new meme.

Comment

We drafted a backup in the 2nd and its now a wasted pick. Spin it how ever you like but that **** is absolute fact b****es.
      dude, you should really just have bumped a thread from about 1 and a half years ago and just given a +1 to one of the many posts that said this exact same thing.

It wouldn't make this argument right, but it would have saved a lot of typing.

Comment

I'm still waiting for an example of a team who signs a qb to a 5+ yr deal then drafts a qb in the 1st or 2nd round the same offseason? This was the argument in my first post and I haven't been given an example yet. Twist the **** all you want you ****ing dopers.
        You've been given nearly 100 examples. You yourself compared Manning to Montana, SF spent a 2nd and a 4th for a backup to Montana. Of course that's "different" because of one of the million qualifiers you need to add.

Comment

Mallet was a high pick for the Pats while Brady was under contract and then received a 3 year extension

Rivers was drafted and the Chargers offered Brees a 5 year 50 million contract the same season.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
            Mallet was a high pick for the Pats while Brady was under contract and then received a 3 year extension

Rivers was drafted and the Chargers offered Brees a 5 year 50 million contract the same season.
            Doesn't count. They don't have elite abs.

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
              You've been given nearly 100 examples. You yourself compared Manning to Montana, SF spent a 2nd and a 4th for a backup to Montana. Of course that's "different" because of one of the million qualifiers you need to add.
              What a dummy you are. Do they not teach reading comprehensive where ever the **** you're from?

Comment

What a dummy you are. Do they not teach reading comprehensive where ever the **** you're from?
                ?

also, the thread title has a superfluous apostrophe

Comment

Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                  3rd rounder

He didn't sign.

Again. It's called reading comprehension.

Comment

Starbucks modifiers for coffee < OP qualifications for validity

Comment

• Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                      *wherever

Comment

• This thread is flawed. Or at least the initial post on the subject is.
                        There are different scenarios and circumstances for each player that has sat for one year or multiple ones and then finally played.
                        Old school NFL theory was that you sat a QB for 1-2 seasons behind a vet and then started him after he was a understudy. That pretty much all went out of the window with Matt Ryan.

Now the expectation is that the QB must be ready to go from the start or he is in some way flawed and unworthy.
                        It does not matter how long it takes for the QB to start. It matters how they prepare and how they use their chance once it comes around.

Peyton himself asked Elway who the back up was going to be and endorsed drafting a guy because he did not want to see what happened in Indy happen to Denver should he go down. He hated watching his teammates suffer through losing because he couldn't play.

No quaterback, regardless of who we would have drafted would be getting PT without Peyton being so hurt that he could not play. Not Russell Wilson, not a guy that was taken this year.
                        Oz is a developmental QB and this was known when he was taken. I am much happier knowing we have a guy with franchise QB potential already on the roster than having to draft someone after Peyton retires and then him having to learn the system.

Fans need to get over the Lavonte David thing. Yes we have a need at MLB but our scouts have been on point since Elway has taken over. We will find a MLB either through the draft or FA.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
                          Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?
                          FA's like manning are NEVER available so there is no proof of it ever happening because teams usually keep there HOF QB's.

Comment

• Osweiler was part of Plan A.

"Impact players."

Trevathan in his round outweighs David in the second. What stinks is not getting someone who could have contributed immediately at a PON.

Outside a few selections, the drafting with our regime is still suspect. Players who have been here prior, plus our good FA pick-ups have been pulling the weight. Here is to hoping they address true needs and get good players this draft.

Comment

• I think it's early, but I'm more optimistic about the draft than I was. Our ability to find and develop starters in the middle rounds is pretty impressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by frerottenextelway View Post
                                I don't want to know how you came into that information

Comment

Working...
                                X