Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by backup qb View Post
    McNair
    ZOMG DID NOT RIDE BENCH MULTIPLE YEEERS DIAF!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
      Guy from the Colts during Manning era.
      Who had to go back to ground zero in order to get another blue-chip QB.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
        Can anyone give me an example of a quarterback from Arizona State who came into the league, sat at least 6 seasons, then went on to more than 8 pro bowls and the hall of fame?

Ridiculously specific question is ridiculously specific.

Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Is my argument that hard to understand?

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
          Bull****.. try this, find me an example of a team signing a QB to a 5 yr deal then spending their 2nd rounder the same offseason on the same position PLEASE, someone offer proof of this ever happening?

Don't forget that he also has to be taller than 6' 6", and have a mis-spelled tattoo on his right arm.

Comment

It's not the complexity people are raking you about, it's the absurdity.

Comment

Your argument is weak. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Name me one other qb that has thrown 51 tds...none...I guess it will never happen again.

Comment

Manning was hurt once his entire playing career going back to high school. If you give a guy 20 million you dont go and spend your 2nd rounder on the same position.
                Manning couldn't really throw the ball 20 yards down-field prior to the draft. Elway signed him to a team-favorable contract with appropriate outs for injury, and then took a contingency plan. I don't see the problem here.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                  It's not the complexity people are raking you about, it's the absurdity.
                  Very similar to Chef Luigi's rants on Manning's 40 time or on Champ's dinner manners.

Comment

Matt Schaub was a 3rd round pick by a team with an injury-prone, pro-bowl QB. He had two starts in his first three years. He was finally traded to Houston for 2 second round picks. With for Houston, he was a 2x pro-bowler, and led the league in attempts, completions and yards in 2009.

Comment

I will do that, as soon as you find me an example of a 4x league MVP becoming an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

Find me an example of a QB like Manning on the street.

Comment

[] Craig Morton was drafted in 1st round by Dallas despite them having Don Meredith, he started all of 5 games in his first 4 seasons....he only made all-pro one season ('77) but who cares...he led two different teams from different conferences to the SB

[] Roger Staubach was drafted in '64....served his military commitment and then hardly played his first two seasons, and then made pro bowls numerous times and went to 4 SB's winning two.

[] Danny White was drafted in '76...was their punter and started one game in his first 4 seasons and while he only made one Pro Bowl he took the Cowboys to 3 consecutive NFCCG appearances.

[] Ken Stabler was drafted in '68....didn't throw a pass until 1970, and didn't start but two games until he became the Raiders starter in 1973 made the Pro Bowl 4 times and won a SB in '76.

[] Len Dawson was drafted in '57....started all of 2 games until he became a Dallas Texan (KC Chiefs), he made 7 Pro bowls, led the Chiefs to 2 SB's winning one of them.

[] Jack Kemp was drafted in '57....didn't start a game until 1960...made 7 Pro Bowls.

[] Marc Bulger was drafted in '00...didn't start a game for his first two seasons and made the Pro Bowl twice.

[] Mark Rypien was drafted in '86...didn't start until '88 and won a SB, was MVP of the SB and made 2 Pro bowls.

and there are numerous others, but I think even you can see that it can happen, and has happened before.
                          Last edited by errand; 12-29-2013, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2KBack View Post
                            Your argument is weak. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. Name me one other qb that has thrown 51 tds...none...I guess it will never happen again.
                            You guys are hopeless. What a laughable comparison

Comment

Peyton is going to play out his contract. Name me a QB that sat the bench his first 5 yrs and went on to become a pro bowler? Go. I dont like that Elway hedged his bets. Sorry.
                              Kurt Warner? Rodgers sat until his 4th season.

Also there is no guarantee Peyton plays all 5 years. If we go back to back he could very well decide to pull an Elway and go out on top as the undisputed greatest ever. His neck can give him issues and he decides to hang it up. Nothing is guaranteed and because of that our man calling the shots has an insurance policy named Brock.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                Find me an example of a QB like Manning on the street.
                                Joe Montana.

Elway should have drafted a qb in the 3rd or 4th like Wilson or Foles. No one is going to convince me that it's a good idea to waste a 2nd round pick on a backup. Sry. It's not going to happen.
                                Last edited by ATL-Eric; 12-29-2013, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X