No announcement yet.

QB's who sat then became Pro Bowlers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The OP's thesis seems to be that Lavonte David would have contributed more than Brock Osweiler to this year's team.

Elway and the FO obviously thought they could take the QB of the future in the 2nd, and pick up a similar talent at WLB in Danny Trevathan in the 6th round. And obviously, they were right....

Comment

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
      Manning was hurt once his entire playing career going back to high school. If you give a guy 20 million you dont go and spend your 2nd rounder on the same position.
      Manning was 36 years old and coming off of a major spinal injury. Your comments are specious at best, and troll-ish at worst.

Comment

Jeff Garcia -- CFL

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
          Doug Flutie
          I said backups for several year(s) and went on to become pro bowlers. Meaning made multiple trips to the pro bowl

Comment

I said backups for several year(s) and went on to become pro bowlers. Meaning made multiple trips to the pro bowl
            Oh snap I'm so sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
              Jeff Garcia -- CFL
              You dont understand the question buddy. Brock is riding pine. I.E, not playing any football games. Who else has done that?

Comment

You dont understand the question buddy. Brock is riding pine. I.E, not playing any football games. Who else has done that?
                A bunch of people. And even if it were zero your thread would still suck.

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                  Manning was 36 years old and coming off of a major spinal injury. Your comments are specious at best, and troll-ish at worst.
                  He was healthy enough to be given 20 million dollars. Am i wrong?

Comment

Can anyone give me an example of a quarterback from Arizona State who came into the league, sat at least 6 seasons, then went on to more than 8 pro bowls and the hall of fame?

Ridiculously specific question is ridiculously specific.

Comment

Meh, hindsight is 20/20 (I would have preferred to keep our former starter as backup and drafted a Lb or S where Os was taken).

We could have drafted Kirk Cousins instead of Boldin, Lavonte David instead of Oz (though I think he's a WLB and our need is in the middle), Foles, Wilson or any number of other players.

ED REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED

Comment

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                        The OP's thesis seems to be that Lavonte David would have contributed more than Brock Osweiler to this year's team.

Elway and the FO obviously thought they could take the QB of the future in the 2nd, and pick up a similar talent at WLB in Danny Trevathan in the 6th round. And obviously, they were right....
                        Just look at Dallas today. They have to rely on a back-up to make the playoffs. It's the NFL, players get hurt. Depth is a good thing.

Comment

I'm going to trust Elway's judgement on the Bro Magnum. He seems to be doing a swell job.

Comment

Peyton is going to play out his contract. Name me a QB that sat the bench his first 5 yrs and went on to become a pro bowler? Go. I dont like that Elway hedged his bets. Sorry.
                            Correction: You THINK Manning will play out his contract. Show me a successful GM who doesn't hedge his bets. Go.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedhed View Post
                              Correction: You THINK Manning will play out his contract. Show me a successful GM who doesn't hedge his bets. Go.
                              Guy from the Colts during Manning era.

Comment

McNair

Comment

Working...
                                X