Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Defensive Analysis by Ted Bartlett (IAOFM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive Analysis by Ted Bartlett (IAOFM)

I know there are a lot of IAOFM haters around here (which is beyond me considering the content they produce) and I really don't care about the beef between MHR and IAOFM, but this analysis of the defense is on point and really puts into words what I haven't been able to do myself.

The part about the defense is really a good read. I recommend it.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/bron...nd-diss-tracks

That collection of parts should have come together to yield a defense that was characterized by the following unit-wide traits:
    1. Stout against the run with seven men
    2. Good enough rushing the passer with four men, and effective on timely and well-conceived blitzes
    3. Proficient in man coverage, and sound against the deep ball with two deep safeties

I fully believe that was the plan, mainly because that’s how the 2012 defense played, and the acquisition of Knighton portended for even greater stoutness against the run.

Alas, injuries (and another absence from a certain suspension) were an extenuating factor from the very start.

Nobody at MHR has beef with IAOFM.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
      Nobody at MHR has beef with IAOFM.
      Laughable dude.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
        Laughable dude.
        Okay, so who at MHR (that currently writes or works there) has beef with them?

I get the group e-mails and see all the conversations daily, as I write for them as well (mostly around the draft). Can't remember a time where someone at MHR personally griped about someone from IAOFM.

Pretty sure those guys were disappointed (IOAFM) when things went sour and John Bena was replaced at MHR with our staff that ran BT.

Comment

Tim Lynch & Topher Doll to name 2, and there are more. You could consider yourself another person based off of many comments you've made on this forum regarding IAOFM.

I've actually seen several of them them talk crap in the comments on BOTH sites on numerous occasions.

Don't play dumb.

I'm not going to get into this, the point of this thread was to bring to light a great analysis of the defense and it's struggles through the season.

Comment

Oh, I see. They had a tweet from Topher for that. . . well okay.

I guess Topher started a Holy War with a tweet.

Comment

Tim Lynch & Topher Doll to name 2, and there are more. You could consider yourself another person based off of many comments you've made on this forum regarding IAOFM.

I've actually seen several of them them talk crap in the comments on BOTH sites on numerous occasions.

Don't play dumb.

I'm not going to get into this, the point of this thread was to bring to light a great analysis of the defense and it's struggles through the season.

Well, if Ted Barlett wants to insult the football acumen of MHR staff writers, he is more than welcome to. I am also more than welcome to call BS on his, considering he had no idea what style of defense David Amerson played in at North Carolina State.

If the man cannot make a simple differentiation between zone and man coverage, why would I care about his defensive analysis?

Really.

Comment

Holy War.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  Well, if Ted Barlett wants to insult the football acumen of MHR staff writers, he is more than welcome to. I am also more than welcome to call BS on his, considering he had no idea what style of defense David Amerson played in at North Carolina State.

If the man cannot make a simple differentiation between zone and man coverage, why would I care about his defensive analysis?

Really.
                  I wasn't asking if you cared about his analysis. I was sharing the article for others to read and enjoy. But way to derail it. I pretty much knew you'd be the first person to respond but posted against my better judgement. ****, I even included a disclaimer.

Really.

Comment

I wasn't asking if you cared about his analysis. I was sharing the article for others to read and enjoy. But way to derail it. I pretty much knew you'd be the first person to respond but posted against my better judgement. ****, I even included a disclaimer.

Really.
                    You could have posted the article without mentioning MHR or a feud and I would have never even known about it. I was just surprised at the news. Take care!!!!

Comment

Not really, considering the 1st 1/2 of the article is about that.

But whatever man. You take care yourself lol

Comment

Topher
                        is this short for Christopher?

Comment

Got bored by the first 2 paragraphs, tough to read him up on that cross/festivus pole.

Okay, going to try and power through.

Edit 1 - made it a bit farther:
                          She is quite insufferable.

at any moment, whenever we feel like it, everybody knows deep down that we can whip it out and piss all over MHR, and any other website that covers the Broncos too, for that matter.
                          Nice link OP - "Hey guys, here's a post that slams the site I'm going to post it on"

Edit 2 IAOFMboogaloo:

Nothing said in it hasn't already been said (better and more indepth) here by price, BMORE, Rev and others.
                          Last edited by ColoradoDarin; 12-27-2013, 02:05 PM.

Comment

BroncosfanGuy and ColoradoDarin...... can you please stay on topic!

So back to this feud and pissing match. So John Bena didn't move on to bigger and better things, that was the message put out when he left, he was replaced? Because things went sour?

If true that really warms the heart.

Comment

1. Nobody cares about Ted Bartlett's accounting degree. Utterly ridiculous to lead off his "diss" rant with allusions to his education, as if being an accountant somehow makes him a mental heavyweight (it doesn't, and he's not).

2. Nobody cares about Ted Bartlett's political opinions. There are forums and avenues for his (and his cronies) heavily slanted political takes that are inextricably intertwined in their so-called football takes. On the lead-page of a Broncos fan-site is not one of them.

3. Nobody cares about Ted Bartlett's plagiarized football "analysis". For starters, he's wrong most of the time. If he's not trying to convince you that all the Broncos DT's 2-gap (only the 5-tech does... Wolfe/Jackson), then he's attempting to pound his chest by touting "analysis" that he plagiarized from the Orangemane.

There are countless examples of material that IAOFM has lifted from the Omane over the last several years, and claimed it as their own. I can count SEVERAL occurrences of blatant plagiarism in his latest "diss" article. Everything in that article has been discussed in various threads here at the Omane over the course of the season, and much of it in the last few weeks.
                              Last edited by pricejj; 12-27-2013, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X