Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knowshon Moreno Gives Broncos Reason to Believe

http://gazette.com/ramsey-morenos-em...rticle/1511630

Pretty good article about KM and this season.

BTW, there was a play with about 20 seconds left in the 3rd (I think) quarter of the game against the Texans that epitomizes Knowshon this season to me. A screen pass where he catches it, doges a few people, gets hit, squirms out and runs hard for about 10 yards... just a superb effort and an amazingly athletic play.
    Last edited by crush17; 12-27-2013, 09:10 AM.

People have given Moreno such a hard time after being drafted where he was, and not living up to whatever those expectation are suppose to be. Now I don't know what has gone on the last couple years, but the kid just all of a sudden got it. Sure he isn't the fastest or the most agile, but he is playing with heart and guts this season. And I applaud him for it.

Comment

I have grown from a Knowshon hater, as in rage inducing hate, to a Knwshon fan. I love the lunch pail attitude the guy starting bringing after he was inactive for 8 games last year.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
        I have grown from a Knowshon hater, as in rage inducing hate, to a Knwshon fan. I love the lunch pail attitude the guy starting bringing after he was inactive for 8 games last year.
        +1

Comment

His high-step and stiff arm is an awesome combo. He is like a karate style running back doing jujitsu tricks through the gaps.

Comment

It would be very hard to for anyone to suggest the Knowshon hasn't come around and is not an integral part of this team. He looks like one of the hardest runners in the NFL on every play. Hope he can keep this up and be a mainstay at RB for the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
              Agree. He's taken on adversity and has come out the other end a better player.
              He's a main cog now in the offense.

Big props go out to Knowshown

Comment

No doubt. I admit to being one of the Knowshon doubters. I was nervous when he had the ball in his hands, and found myself screaming "One cut & go!" through his first few years.

But now? Yeah, he gets it. Could be for a variety of reasons. Watching McGahee, watching the Broncos draft 2 rbs in early rounds the past 2 years, getting benched last yr, contract yr.....whatever.

I'm just glad he didn't give up and that the Broncos didn't give up on him. We need him.

Comment

I felt that he was being hindered his first 3 years by a ****ty line and poor blocking.

#18 has a lot to do with his success - getting into the right play call is huge for a back like KM

without question, he's the #2 most important skill player on this offense

Comment

Also, i call bull**** on this line from the article:

"And then there's the weather thing. I ate Christmas Dinner with a crowd of Kansas City Chiefs fans, unbothered by their favorite team's 42-year vacation from the Super Bowl."

Comment

No. 1 FA haul??

not sure about that, but much needed keeper.

love me some knowshon, i hope he stays

Comment

Looks like Broncos must have declined his 5th year option heading into this season. Welp, add another expensive FA to the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                          Looks like Broncos must have declined his 5th year option heading into this season. Welp, add another expensive FA to the mix.
                          Did Knowshon have that option?

I thought that started the year after he was drafted?

Comment

The team had a club option for next season on him. I don't know when they have to accept that, but if they would have, he would still be under contract. My guess that with the drafting of Hillman (sucks) and Ball (getting there) -- they declined it prior to the season, as Price said.

I am not sure how club option works and what the deadlines are.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncsCheer View Post
                              I felt that he was being hindered his first 3 years by a ****ty line and poor blocking.

#18 has a lot to do with his success - getting into the right play call is huge for a back like KM

without question, he's the #2 most important skill player on this offense
                              Yep. Little do people forget how many injuries and people were plugged into our OL when he was a youngster. It was terrible.

Comment

Working...
                              X