Keenan Allen: this will not end well for the Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
    He is a starter and should not have to worry about being just a role player. Chargers got rid of Vincent Jackson and that was his competition.
    Vincent Jackson was in Tampa an entire year before Allan was even drafted, This post makes zero sense

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
      Vincent Jackson was in Tampa an entire year before Allan was even drafted, This post makes zero sense
      It makes perfect sense. Jackson was the last good wide receiver the Chargers have had. Royal hadn't been anything like his rookie year in Denver. Gates is the closest thing to a good receiver and he is a TE.

Chargers had nothing decent to throw to last season. Allen was going to be a starter almost instantly when he was drafted.
      Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-27-2013, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Chargers had nothing decent to throw to last season. Allen was going to be a starter almost instantly when he was drafted.
        Danario Alexander was looking awfully good last year. With him back next year SD will have a very talented and young pair of WR.

Comment

It makes perfect sense. Jackson was the last good wide receiver the Chargers have had. Royal hadn't been anything like his rookie year in Denver. Gates is the closest thing to a good receiver and he is a TE.

Allen wasn't going to be the starter. He was fifth on the depth chart after a shaky pre-season.

Alexander and Floyd were the starters. Royal was the #3. Vincent Brown was already an up and comer. He got a big break when they lost both Alexander and Floyd to injury and got thrown in the fire and hasn't looked back since.

Comment

I love Alexander since his Mizzou days, but that dude doesn't concern me much long-term for San Diego. His legs won't let him play football much longer; it's amazing they've taken him this far.

Comment

Allen is a punk

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                I love Alexander since his Mizzou days, but that dude doesn't concern me much long-term for San Diego. His legs won't let him play football much longer; it's amazing they've taken him this far.
                Yeah, how many tears has he had? Like 9 million.

Comment

This thread title is a little foolish. Plenty of players almost quit at some point and either do or come to some sort of realization that it's what they want to do and blossom from it.
                  Allen is a hell of a talent and will thrive in the NFL for many years IMO. He was one of my favorite WR's in the last draft.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                    He's already had a better career than most of the Broncos third round picks. Literally nothing concerning. He's not getting paid a critical amount.
                    Eric Decker says hello!

Comment

Interesting thread. I wonder if any teams would flip the Chargers back a 3rd round pick for him?

Comment

Originally posted by boppool View Post
                        Eric Decker says hello!
                        Eric Decker, by comparison, had 106 receiving yards his rookie season.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                          It's a shame that this is probably true. Alexander was a stud for us in his 9 game tenure last year. 37 rec, 658 yds, 7 tds after joining the team mid season. I guess you have to add 4 acls to his career stat line too. Too bad because the guy can seriously ball, in-between surgeries.

Comment

Allen is a bitch. Every time he does something he acts lime he won the super bowl and points to the back of his jersey about 30 times. I guess when you play for San Diego a td is as close as your getting to a super bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by 400HZ View Post
                              Eric Decker, by comparison, had 106 receiving yards his rookie season.
                              Allen, by comparison, had Rivers. Decker had Tebow.

Comment

don't forget about orton

regardless, allen is a stud. easily in competition for offensive rookie of the year

Comment

Working...
                                X