Keenan Allen: this will not end well for the Chargers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keenan Allen: this will not end well for the Chargers

Why did Keenan Allen last until the 3rd round of the 2013 draft? Because he's a flake. I look forward to him being a locker room cancer for the Chuggers for the next few years. Mwaah-aaah-aaah!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-after-week-1

"After I didn't play after that first game," Allen said, via U-T San Diego, "I was about another snap away of not playing from quitting."

He was serious, too.

After three seasons playing his college ball at Cal, Allen contemplated going back to Berkeley to finish his degree, with an eye toward perhaps becoming a music producer. He even leaned on his mother for guidance.

"'I need help. I'm losing. I'm about to quit,'" Allen recalled of his conversation. "(I wasn't) living up to my expectations of starting. I've never been a role player-type guy. Not easy at all. ... I've never had to do it before. I never had to adjust."

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
    Why did Keenan Allen last until the 3rd round of the 2013 draft? Because he's a flake. I look forward to him being a locker room cancer for the Chuggers for the next few years. Mwaah-aaah-aaah!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...s-after-week-1

"After I didn't play after that first game," Allen said, via U-T San Diego, "I was about another snap away of not playing from quitting."

He was serious, too.

After three seasons playing his college ball at Cal, Allen contemplated going back to Berkeley to finish his degree, with an eye toward perhaps becoming a music producer. He even leaned on his mother for guidance.

"'I need help. I'm losing. I'm about to quit,'" Allen recalled of his conversation. "(I wasn't) living up to my expectations of starting. I've never been a role player-type guy. Not easy at all. ... I've never had to do it before. I never had to adjust."
    well, getting pd as opposed to not getting pd will probably stop the thinking he had in college. There arent too many people who are the same person they were even a couple years ago much less with the change of no more school and now have more $ then you ever had

Comment

Terrel davis was about to quit in the preseason of his rookie year. Wtf kind of thread is this?

Comment

The problem is the kid currently appears to be the most talented WR not named DT in the AFC West. He will be starting for quite some time.

Comment

His hair bugs me.

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
            His hair bugs me.
            QFT

Also his voice irritates me.

Bust.

Comment

They probably won't re-sign him in four years when his deal is up, so yeah this may not end well for them.

Dude can ball though.

Comment

He is a starter and should not have to worry about being just a role player. Chargers got rid of Vincent Jackson and that was his competition.

Comment

I'll bet many young players feel this way, but most are smart enough to keep their mouth shut about it.

Comment

He's got that Maurice Clarett look about him, doesn't he?

Comment

It's apparently stupid thread time at the OM.

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
                        It's apparently stupid thread time at the OM.
                        Eagerly awaiting the future implosion of a division rival? Not stupid at all!

A little blast from the past:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_230376...ock-clouded-by

Clouds continue to gather over the NFL draft status of former Cal wide receiver Keenan Allen after ESPN.com reported Tuesday that his drug test at the combine was red-flagged.

An NFL scout discussed Allen on the condition of anonymity because team policy prohibits him from speaking on the record.

"It's a real issue for him," the scout said. "There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly. ... He didn't interview great at the combine. People thought he was big-timing them -- everything was on his terms. And now this. He was probably in the 15-25 range before. But now he's probably late second round."

Comment

A lot of talent, a lot of concerns. I was surprised he dropped that far, even with the character and knee issues. He didn't run fast either. Good get for the Bolts.

Comment

He's already had a better career than most of the Broncos third round picks. Literally nothing concerning. He's not getting paid a critical amount.

Comment

LOTS of players were ready to quit at one point early in the career, it's the harsh reality of the NFL.

Originally posted by BowlenBall View Post
                              Eagerly awaiting the future implosion of a division rival? Not stupid at all!

A little blast from the past:

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_230376...ock-clouded-by

Clouds continue to gather over the NFL draft status of former Cal wide receiver Keenan Allen after ESPN.com reported Tuesday that his drug test at the combine was red-flagged.

An NFL scout discussed Allen on the condition of anonymity because team policy prohibits him from speaking on the record.

"It's a real issue for him," the scout said. "There were already character concerns. His stock will drop significantly. ... He didn't interview great at the combine. People thought he was big-timing them -- everything was on his terms. And now this. He was probably in the 15-25 range before. But now he's probably late second round."

Comment

Working...
                              X