Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do 2013 Broncos rate among greatest all-time offenses?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Where do 2013 Broncos rate among greatest all-time offenses?

    This week on the CBS matchup show I was asked if the Denver Broncos' offense was the greatest of all time. It is a hard question to answer without doing some research and thinking about past teams and the era they performed in compared to today

    The finalists are the 2013 Denver Broncos, 2007 New England Patriots, 2005 Indianapolis Colts, 2001 Saint Louis Rams, 1998 Denver Broncos, the 1998 Minnesota Vikings and the 1984 Dolphins

    It's always going to be a debate and I could make a case for at least five of these teams for the greatest offense of all time, but for now here's how I ranked them.

    1. 2013 Broncos
    2. 2007 Patriots
    3. 1998 Broncos
    4. 1984 Miami Dolphins
    5. 2001 Rams
    6. 1998 Vikings
    7. 2005 Colts


    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/...ltime-offenses

  • #2
    Most point = best. We need 18 points to be the best regular season offense ever.

    Right now though I think the '98 Broncos offense was the best ever in any conditions against any team. Yeah I'm homerish but I think that TEAM was the greatest all around football team ever assembled. And they could have had 600 points had they really wanted it.

    I'd put money on them against any team in any era ever.
    Last edited by spdirty; 12-26-2013, 07:45 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      If we get more than 17 points and Manning passes for over 265 yards, then first.
      3 TDs along with and its undisputed, we'd have all the records.

      Comment


      • #4
        That article says we already have the most points. Maybe 17 for total team points?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          That article says we already have the most points. Maybe 17 for total team points?
          Looks like. Denver's 17 points back and the Pats had 3 more return TDs (8 vs. 5) as of right now. Pats had 67 offensive TDs, and Denver's currently at 67.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by spdirty View Post
            Most point = best. We need 18 points to be the best regular season offense ever.

            Right now though I think the '98 Broncos offense was the best ever in any conditions against any team. Yeah I'm homerish but I think that TEAM was the greatest all around football team ever assembled. And they could have had 600 points had they really wanted it.

            I'd put money on them against any team in any era ever.
            Probably. TD sat out the equivalent of 2 full games that year.....(I think he sat out on 4 different 2nd halves, due to us having big leads)....and he STILL got 2,000 yards.

            And while that defense was high risk, high reward.....they came up HUGE in the playoffs that season.

            So yeah....I agree....all around, that 1998 team was incredible.

            Comment


            • #7
              That team that dismantled us 55-10 has to be up there, regardless of points scored.

              Comment


              • #8
                Weird list.

                The 1999 and 2000 Rams offenses were better than the 2001 version.

                No 1994 Niners, 1983 Redskins, or any of the Bills' and Oilers' offenses from the early 90's?

                Denver this year would have way over 600 points already if not for the turnovers.

                They could've broken 600 in 1998 if not for all the blowouts and pulling starters early.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                  That team that dismantled us 55-10 has to be up there, regardless of points scored.
                  That one and the 1994 Niner Offense was pretty good.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Breaking the points record this week would have to put them in the discussion for #1. If they can drag this banged up defense to a Super Bowl too? That would probably end all discussion.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      pretty high.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Personally I would give a bit more weight to rushing. Although the stats are better this year, I'm prettysure I would prefer to have the 1998 offense. Having the capacity to dominate the game on the ground can change the whole game (and of course it can actually decrease the overall stats because it eats up time). Will there ever be anything sweeter than watching fat Gilbert Brown on roller skates?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
                          That team that dismantled us 55-10 has to be up there, regardless of points scored.
                          I agree that 89 49ers team was loaded. All these numbers the last decade are phony imo

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by spdirty View Post
                            Most point = best. We need 18 points to be the best regular season offense ever.

                            Right now though I think the '98 Broncos offense was the best ever in any conditions against any team. Yeah I'm homerish but I think that TEAM was the greatest all around football team ever assembled. And they could have had 600 points had they really wanted it.

                            I'd put money on them against any team in any era ever.
                            True. That sat Davis out in many games by half-time. And the person who said most points = best is wrong. You can have a team that ball controls you to absolute death that might score a little less but they are just as if not more dominating in how they control the game. The 98 Broncos were an absolute dominating offense. And frankly, winning games matters. You can't be considered one of the best if you don't win it all IMO. So half of those offenses mentioned don't really qualify.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by manchambo View Post
                              Personally I would give a bit more weight to rushing. Although the stats are better this year, I'm prettysure I would prefer to have the 1998 offense. Having the capacity to dominate the game on the ground can change the whole game (and of course it can actually decrease the overall stats because it eats up time). Will there ever be anything sweeter than watching fat Gilbert Brown on roller skates?
                              This!

                              The 98 Broncos are the most balanced team on that list (Rams would be 2nd) with the rest all being passing teams.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X