Broncos at Texans: Game Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos at Texans: Game Notes

If the Broncos can beat the Raiders on Sunday, they will wear orange for every game the remainder of the season.

AFC is the home-team this year in the Superbowl.

1. Congratulations to Peyton Manning for probably the greatest regular season in NFL history. However, it's all about the post-season.
    2. Chris Harris says "I'm not coming off the field", and he will remain on the outside. Champ will remain at Nickel CB this year, if he can stay healthy.
    3. I love the idea of Champ at Nickel, btw.
    4. Glad to hear Wolfe, Webster, and Welker are back practicing. We're gonna need them in the playoffs.
    5. Mincey lined up everywhere, and got plenty of snaps, with mixed results.
    6. Losing Von Miller is devastating. Not much else to say about that.
    7. Obviously, the Broncos Defense will need to play out of their minds for the Broncos to win the SB this year. Going to need some Mile High Miracles.
    8. Speaking of playing out of their mind...that was Mike Adams on Sunday.
    9. Knowshon breaks 1,000 yards rushing for the first time, after starting the year at 3rd string. What a story.
    10. Like I said a few games ago, Decker doesn't Decker anymore...he kicks a$$.
    11. Decker must have learned how to spike the football from Ed McCaffrey. Everytime Decker scores, he spikes it into the stands. For that reason alone, he's worth a big payday.
    12. On a happy note, the newest Bronco to make the roster, Brandon Marshall grew up following Elway, TD, and Rod Smith. He says "it's a dream come true" to play for the Broncos. Maybe you believe in karma, maybe you don't, either way... Happy Holidays everybody.

Last edited by pricejj; 12-25-2013, 11:33 PM.

I rewatched the game yesterday and didn't see too many positive things from Mincey. I'm sure he'll improve week by week.

Also, Bolden is so bad at tackling it's disgusting. He has no business playing free safety.

Comment

1) I hope Champ can continue his progress with no setbacks. He'll be needed with all of the big losses we have faced on the defense.

2) Moreno should have around 1700 total yards from scrimmage after the game against the Raiders. Pretty damn good year for the guy. How can you not bring him back next year.

3) Losing Miller sucks bad, just par for course for this defense this year.

4) We have to find a way too keep Decker. I know it's popular around here to think we'll just let him walk and that we can easily replace him. He brings alot more to the table then people give the guy credit for. He'll be top 1 or 2 WR free agent next year. Maybe this is where Manning can cut back a little bit to help keep him. Hopefully Elway and crew find a way to keep this guy in Denver.

5) Keep Welker on the pine until our first playoff game. We won't need him against the Raiders and we want him as fresh as he can be.

6) Great to hear about Wolfe. Hopefully he can make an impact in the playoffs.

7) Time for Robert Ayers to bring it big time. His biggest last chance to earn a nice payday. He'll see the field plenty with all the injuries. Step it up Ayers.

Comment

We should re-sign Decker because of his ability to spike the football? Nice to see the bar being raised.

I like the guy, but he's not a No. 1 receiver. If someone offers him No. 1 money, I wouldn't fault him in the slightest for taking it and leaving Denver.

Comment

Decker only has 3 fewer catches than DT, and averages 15.2 ypc (DT averages 15.3 ypc).

With a big game, Decker could finish a the Broncos leading WR.

Comment

Decker figures to be the highest priority but also the most expensive to re-sign. The Broncos are built around Peyton Manning, and the quarterback's top two receivers in the past two seasons have been Decker and Demaryius Thomas, a free agent after the 2014 season.

Given the contracts of similar No. 2 receivers in the league, Decker can command a deal of least five years and $40 million, with at least $8 million in the first year

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...me-free-agents

Comment

We are going to be up against the cap this offseason..

Lonestar would have a field day!

Comment

I'm hoping my gut is right:

I think Ayers might be a playoff producer.

Comment

I though Mincey played decent, when I watched him. I saw him getting into the backfield several times. Being he just got here, I guess that's about all I could of really hoped for.

I'm not saying he was great, but with injuries piling up he seems like a guy that it worth the chance they took on him.

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post

Ayers is so hit and miss...sometimes he can look downright dominant, but he disappears for games at a time. The whole pass rush disappeared in the playoff game last year

Comment

Originally posted by alkemical View Post

He's done it before.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        He's done it before.
                        2 sacks in the tebow Pitt game I believe. Don't know what else he's done though.

Comment

Book it - Decker is going to the Vikings. They have a new stadium and need to put asses in those seats - AP + hometown hero Decker will do that.

http://www.vikings.com/media-vault/v...9-59297c120801

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            He's worth that payday, easy.
                            I was about to say.... I'd rather keep Woodyard, but if Decker is taking 8mill a year, I'd jump on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
                              I was about to say.... I'd rather keep Woodyard, but if Decker is taking 8mill a year, I'd jump on that.
                              If Woodyard was smart, he'd go somewhere else to start at WLB.

Comment

Working...
                              X