Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deckers 10th TD Lost in the Shuffle....

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Deckers 10th TD Lost in the Shuffle....

    Nobody seems to be pointing out anything except the record breaking 51 touchdowns. But Deckers 10th TD makes him the fifth player on the team to have double digit TDs.

    Prior to this season I think there were only a couple of teams that had touted three players with at least 10 TDs each including the 98 Broncos with Davis, McCaffrey and Sharpe, Peytons Colts when Stokely, Wayne and Harrison played for them.

    But when Welker hit his 10th we became the first team with 4 players that each had at least 10 TDs.


    And now.....with Deckers 10th......we have set the standard with 5 players with at least 10 touchdowns each.

    Thats quite an accomplishment!

    BRONCOS!

  • #2
    Manning to Bubba Caldwell for 7 TD's next week.

    Book it.

    Comment


    • #3
      wasn't lost. I think he hid it.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2350878

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
        wasn't lost. I think he hid it.

        [ATTACH]33428[/ATTACH]
        Haha. I saw him do that during the game. I'm pretty sure he did that on #51 though and I wished they followed him to the sideline to see what he did...guessing he was going to mess with Peyton a bit.

        Comment


        • #5
          I still don't know how that one he bobbled out of bounds stood up to review. Guess sometimes even Denver gets a break or two from the officials.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post
            Haha. I saw him do that during the game. I'm pretty sure he did that on #51 though and I wished they followed him to the sideline to see what he did...guessing he was going to mess with Peyton a bit.
            That was 51. Julius wasn't aware it was special so he just dropped it. Decker picked it up and tried to hide it so Julius would think he lost the historic ball.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
              I still don't know how that one he bobbled out of bounds stood up to review. Guess sometimes even Denver gets a break or two from the officials.
              Surprised that held up as well.

              Not that it means anything, but the DB just got a fingernail on it.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                wasn't lost. I think he hid it.

                [ATTACH]33428[/ATTACH]
                He's just happy to see you...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Miss I. View Post
                  wasn't lost. I think he hid it.

                  [ATTACH]33428[/ATTACH]
                  Exactly. It was a big deal because it tied the TD pass record, and broke the record (we set) for number of receivers with 10 TD catches in a season. That ball may be worth more than number 51, especially since we'll throw some more next game.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Speaking of records, I want Peyton 55/5500 and team 600 season pts. Call me greedy, but all very doable by finishing with the Raiders on Sunday.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Just win and stay healthy

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by *WARHORSE* View Post
                        Nobody seems to be pointing out anything except the record breaking 51 touchdowns. But Deckers 10th TD makes him the fifth player on the team to have double digit TDs.

                        Prior to this season I think there were only a couple of teams that had touted three players with at least 10 TDs each including the 98 Broncos with Davis, McCaffrey and Sharpe, Peytons Colts when Stokely, Wayne and Harrison played for them.



                        BRONCOS!
                        There are a lot of teams with 3 10 TD players when you included rushing. I can think of 98 vikings, 99 Rams, 08 cardinals, etc. I probably could list 50 teams. Now 3 WR/TE/RB on the same team with 10 RECIEVING TD's would be a short list. 4 with TD recieving TD's is quite the feat.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Atwater His Ass View Post
                          I still don't know how that one he bobbled out of bounds stood up to review. Guess sometimes even Denver gets a break or two from the officials.
                          no doubt...that would never had stood vs the ravens or pats

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            BTW, wasn't Decker's catch making it the first team with four players with 10 TD catches, not five? I thought we were the first with 3 players with 10 each and Decker made it four.

                            Demaryius has 12
                            Julius has 12
                            Welker 10
                            Decker 10

                            That's 44. The rest are spread out among the running backs, backup tight ends and receivers. If we had five players with 10 each, Manning would be closer to 60.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              BTW, wasn't Decker's catch making it the first team with four players with 10 TD catches, not five? I thought we were the first with 3 players with 10 each and Decker made it four.

                              Demaryius has 12
                              Julius has 12
                              Welker 10
                              Decker 10

                              That's 44. The rest are spread out among the running backs, backup tight ends and receivers. If we had five players with 10 each, Manning would be closer to 60.
                              Maybe purely CATCHING.....

                              But all I know is we were the first team to have 4 offensive players with 10+ TDs....

                              Welker, DT, JT by catch.....and Moreno with a combination (I think 8 rushing, 2 catching).....

                              Now we are the only team with FIVE offensive players with 10+ TDs, now that Decker got his.

                              No other team in the history of the NFL even has 4 players......

                              Pretty impressive.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X