Linebackers going forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linebackers going forward

Would like to see them try Irving at MLB and get Woodyard and Trev starting at the other two spots

I don't want to see Lenon on the field.

Comment

It doesn't work because for seemingly the millionth time in recent history we have 2 WLB and no SLB. Putting them there is a disaster. You can't have a slender Will constantly taking on blocks at the POA. The run D will get owned. They have to leave Irving at Sam.

Comment

I don't think Wood or Trev would last at sam

Comment

I'd like to see Steven Johnson get some reps at mlb

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
            Interesting thought. I think he'd be out there though if he was the best player considering the problems we have had on d this year...

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
              Anyone but Lenon on the field. I'd like to see Woody, Trevethan, Irving myself.. And fully expect a transition to more of a traditional 4-3 scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                Would like to see them try Irving at MLB and get Woodyard and Trev starting at the other two spots
                That's a great idea..... for anyone who is a fan of any team playing the Broncos.

Irving is horrific at MLB and neither Woodyard or Trevathan are SLB's

Comment

I'm all for our linebackers going in all directions.

Comment

You're gonna go with what you have and hope for the best. If Wolfe comes back strong I think we'll be ok there. I know the texans didnt have their top backs in there but they didn't do **** all game

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
                      I agree. I wanted that before Von's injury. Because of his added weight, and the fact that he was our best run stopper Von should have been lined up primarily as a DE which would allow Woodyard to play in a more natural spot for him and get both our 2 best LB on the field at the same time, all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalBronco View Post
                        It doesn't work because for seemingly the millionth time in recent history we have 2 WLB and no SLB. Putting them there is a disaster. You can't have a slender Will constantly taking on blocks at the POA. The run D will get owned. They have to leave Irving at Sam.
                        Truth!
                        JDR's LB plan went to total s__t when our second best FA signing (Bradley)
                        and a very promising udfa (McCray) went on IR. Just looking at the IR man there are some darn good players sitting there, most would be starters on about every team in the league.

Comment

Madden Defense up in this bitch.

3 D-Ends, 2 Linebackers, ****tons of Secondary.

Comment

Originally posted by driver View Post
                            Truth!
                            JDR's LB plan went to total s__t when our second best FA signing (Bradley)
                            and a very promising udfa (McCray) went on IR. Just looking at the IR man there are some darn good players sitting there, most would be starters on about every team in the league.
                            Bradley was our second best free agent signing? Sure if we only signed two people he would have been. He was our worst free agent acquisition.

Comment

If the offense would quit effing around in the first halves of games, the run defense wouldn't be exposed as much.

Not counting short yardage and goalline, how much are they playing 3 LB's?

It seems they're in nickel and dime a lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X