A few thoughts from Sunday the 22nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few thoughts from Sunday the 22nd

1. Knowshon and Montee- 15 Combined carries for these guys is simple not enough, and I think we all know it. I am suprised that Fox, seeign he has one over-performer and one up and coming seems to be getting stead performer that he is not asking Gase to run the ball more. Is the Texans run D that good? When it appears Franklin especially and that online struggle to pass protect, why not get 30 carries on the ground?

2. Trindon Holiday- I know Im captain obvious, but seriously lets just cut ties now. He is a lighting fast, wicked little gamer... but what the **** with the basic ability to field a ball? He isn't breaking big plays, we can't block anywhere but in the back on ST apparently, so why not just get staeady hands in there, field punts and let the Offense to their job. Are we afraid he goes to a rival if we cut him? It gives me GERD everytime I see him back for a punt.. dude has hands and head like cement.

3. Seahawks versus Cardinals- This game gave me some much needed perspective in NFL football, any given Sunday and expectations of our Denver Broncos. Seattle should have destroyed the Card with 5 tunovers. I found my self asking "why can't Seattle do **** with that Offense and all those tunovers"... I found myself askig the same things about the Broncos the last few weeks, and my conclusion is, when your on top everybody's guning for you, and theyre all NFl players on the others teams as well. Team ebb and flow, and I know I have to do better job of being patient and letting the players and coaches do their thing.

4. Step-ups- Mike Adams, game ball. Champ, nice to see him on the field. Sly sighting, how we see him more and more cause it looks promising. Malik Jackson, hearign his name called alot and for good reason. Montee- picking up blitzes and doign some solid blocking. I still think Danny T has turned into one check of a player... good to see all these guys contributing.

Add any other thoughts if you would like....

I can't understand the lack of carries for our RBs. Only barely logical reason is to keep them fresh going into the playoffs knowing they'll use them more in cold weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
      I can't understand the lack of carries for our RBs. Only barely logical reason is to keep them fresh going into the playoffs knowing they'll use them more in cold weather?
      I had the same thought, here were my reasons:

1. Manning wanted 50+ - He's has an ego, I know sure as heck I would, maybe that is part of it, even thought he would never say as such.

2. Keepig them fresh? - perhaps. But we also need Mannings arm fresh, so balance would make more sense to me.

3. When you have Manning, why run very much anyway? There has to be a tendency to want to throws 50 times a game... frankly, its fun to see.

Comment

Pretty sure it was just because the texans secondary sucked

Comment

I assumed that the lack of running meant more in regards to getting Manning the record and saving the wheels/legs for the playoffs. After Moreno ran that 31 yarder, I assumed we would just go HAM.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
            I had the same thought, here were my reasons:

1. Manning wanted 50+ - He's has an ego, I know sure as heck I would, maybe that is part of it, even thought he would never say as such.

2. Keepig them fresh? - perhaps. But we also need Mannings arm fresh, so balance would make more sense to me.

3. When you have Manning, why run very much anyway? There has to be a tendency to want to throws 50 times a game... frankly, its fun to see.
            On point 1 ... that would make more sense if they refused to run near the goal line, but i dont think we ever reached the goal line anyway.

But of course he wanted the record, who can blame him.

Comment

Trindon did pretty well other than the fumble. Unlike the penalty on Caldwell's return a couple of weeks ago, the block from behind on his run this time had zero impact to the result so he got screwed by his team.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post
                Trindon did pretty well other than the fumble. Unlike the penalty on Caldwell's return a couple of weeks ago, the block from behind on his run this time had zero impact to the result so he got screwed by his team.
                The one thing you PR can't do is Fumble. Trindon can fumble catching the ball or once he has it he is easily stripped. Combine that with his stupid faircatch decisions Denver should seriously consider cutting him and getting someone else. Post season success will be crucial that Denver wins the TO battle.

Comment

1. Knowshon and Montee- 15 Combined carries for these guys is simple not enough, and I think we all know it. I am suprised that Fox, seeign he has one over-performer and one up and coming seems to be getting stead performer that he is not asking Gase to run the ball more. Is the Texans run D that good? When it appears Franklin especially and that online struggle to pass protect, why not get 30 carries on the ground?
                  That would mean less passing plays. Broncos are the NFL's best per pass attempt and below average per rushing attempt.

Comment

run game?
                    the gameplan was designed by deckers AGENT !
                    I have no problem with PFM getting his silly little record back which he admits wont last a season !
                    If our broncos do not run the ball better and stop the runthen there wont be any real accomplishments to show for our season!
                    who wants a " 51 " t-shirt?
                    not me.
                    seahawks/
                    meet the Cards D, best in the NFL, even without the honey badger !
                    Our O better have something other than slot receiver dependence going in to the play-offs !
                    and we better see plenty of Os once PFM has garnered all the worhtless records he wants before the %&[email protected] raiders tear his head off in a meaningless game.

Comment

2. Trindon Holiday- I know Im captain obvious, but seriously lets just cut ties now. He is a lighting fast, wicked little gamer... but what the **** with the basic ability to field a ball? He isn't breaking big plays, we can't block anywhere but in the back on ST apparently, so why not just get staeady hands in there, field punts and let the Offense to their job. Are we afraid he goes to a rival if we cut him? It gives me GERD everytime I see him back for a punt.. dude has hands and head like cement.

3. Seahawks versus Cardinals- This game gave me some much needed perspective in NFL football, any given Sunday and expectations of our Denver Broncos. Seattle should have destroyed the Card with 5 tunovers. I found my self asking "why can't Seattle do **** with that Offense and all those tunovers"... I found myself askig the same things about the Broncos the last few weeks, and my conclusion is, when your on top everybody's guning for you, and theyre all NFl players on the others teams as well. Team ebb and flow, and I know I have to do better job of being patient and letting the players and coaches do their thing.
                      4. Step-ups- Mike Adams, game ball. Champ, nice to see him on the field. Sly sighting, how we see him more and more cause it looks promising. Malik Jackson, hearign his name called alot and for good reason. Montee- picking up blitzes and doign some solid blocking. I still think Danny T has turned into one check of a player... good to see all these guys contributing.

Add any other thoughts if you would like....
                      NO! **** YOU!!! THE BRONCOS ****ING SUCK!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! EVERY OTHER TEAM IS BETTER/SMARTER/AWESOMER!!! BOWLEN IS A GUTLESS DRUNK AND JDR AND FOX CLEARLY COACH DRUNK!! I KNOW ****ING MORE THAN THEY DO BECAUSE I WATCH FOOTBALL ON TV!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FRAUDS THAT THE BRONCOS ARE!!! **** **** ****!!

SINCERELY,
                      THE ORANGEMANE

(end sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by TerrElway View Post
                        NO! **** YOU!!! THE BRONCOS ****ING SUCK!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!! EVERY OTHER TEAM IS BETTER/SMARTER/AWESOMER!!! BOWLEN IS A GUTLESS DRUNK AND JDR AND FOX CLEARLY COACH DRUNK!! I KNOW ****ING MORE THAN THEY DO BECAUSE I WATCH FOOTBALL ON TV!!! WAKE UP AND SMELL THE FRAUDS THAT THE BRONCOS ARE!!! **** **** ****!!

SINCERELY,
                        THE ORANGEMANE

(end sarcasm)
                        Well it will be an uphill battle for sure. There are times you have to be honest with yourself and realize what you have.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                          Well it will be an uphill battle for sure. There are times you have to be honest with yourself and realize what you have.
                          yes, because honesty is so well received .

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                            That would mean less passing plays. Broncos are the NFL's best per pass attempt and below average per rushing attempt.
                            arkie, and anyone else who cares to listen...
                            the broncos will LOSE the play-off game that does not include 20 runs by our O. i dont care what PFMs numbers are.. I am predicting a loss if we do not run the ball 20 times !

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                              you think its because we don't focus on it, or just not that comptent?

Comment

Working...
                              X