No announcement yet.

Props to Sylvester Williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sly was a beast out there. He was in on almost every play and, other than a few obvious exceptions, Schaub had hardly any time to throw for most of the game.

Hopefully the coaches recognize this and give him the accolades he deserves because I think he is the type of player that needs the whole positive reinforcement thing to reach his potential.

Comment

Originally posted by stoxman View Post
      YES
      I noticed Jackson before the play started and wondered why the hell was lined up so far back.

I don't know if he was doing it on his own, but I think they should try that tactic more often in obvious passing situations.

He literally knocked Myers back onto his heels.

Comment

"Pot Roast Eats

I’m not sure what it was, but Terrance Knighton was virtually unblockable in this game. That’s worth noting in and of itself, but the guy he beat up on for the most part was Chris Myers – arguably the best center in the game, and certainly one of the best. Myers can struggle with power, but it was speed that Knighton was beating him with most often, tossing him aside with swim moves at the snap and making plays in the backfield. His +6.4 grade overall is easily his best mark of the season, and he has now put up +11.3 worth of overall grade in the past two weeks"

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...exans-week-16/

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
          Id like to see the whole DL do it.

The OL wouldn't want to play anymore by halftime.
          Yeah, really.

I think it would be great to mix in against pocket passers.

I can't remember seeing that done by an interior guy.

Comment

He was very active last game. Add another pass rusher and a middle round body at DT and it will be an unstoppable rotation.

Comment

He looked ok against one of the worst teams in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                Good game for another Pricejj "he'll never be good" all star!
                Lol. Not even close. All year Sly had minimal snaps and didn't look berry good. The last few games, after Big Vick's injury Sly has improved by leaps and bounds each week, which I've documented in my weekly recaps. I've gotten pretty excited about him lately, though he needs some better conditioning to be able to remain effective throughout an entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by cutthemdown View Post
                  ::Sad Trombone::

Comment

I know - doesn't it suck when Rookies show some promise? Man, that totally sucks. I hope he sucks next week, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
                      Also, Knighton was a beast today.
                      This is what I noticed the most. Knighton was living in the Texans backfield and Houston's Oline is not exactly bad...if we get Wolfe back, ooooooo buddy, yeah our Dline will be cooking with napalm.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                        Lol. Not even close. All year Sly had minimal snaps and didn't look berry good. The last few games, after Big Vick's injury Sly has improved by leaps and bounds each week, which I've documented in my weekly recaps. I've gotten pretty excited about him lately, though he needs some better conditioning to be able to remain effective throughout an entire game.
                        Oh, you always admit when you make mistakes, or notice improvement, but you consistently speak in absolutes and wrote him off earlier in the season (same with Knighton in the preseason!)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            Id like to see the whole DL do it.

The OL wouldn't want to play anymore by halftime.
                            It's called the flex. Tom Landry and his doomsday defense used it almost exclusively. It's darned effective.

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                              More reps in practice and games, learn by doing!

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                                Oh, you always admit when you make mistakes, or notice improvement, but you consistently speak in absolutes and wrote him off earlier in the season (same with Knighton in the preseason!)
                                No I didn't. In training camp, I posted that I thought Sylvester Williams would get 20 tackles, 2 sacks.

Right now Sly has 17 tackles, 2 sacks. Looks like I was right on.

In regards to Knighton, even he thought he had a horrible preseason.

Comment

Working...
                                X