Denver Broncos' defense back to popping people in practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver Broncos' defense back to popping people in practice

Broncos coach John Fox said it was time for his players to put on the pads this week and start popping each other.

When a defense isn't stopping the run, it's time to get physical.

"One thing Coach Fox does is we're going at it," said Jack Del Rio, the Broncos' defensive coordinator. "(Wednesday) was a pretty physical practice — back to the fundamentals of how we do things and I think that's refreshing. That's good for our guys."

"I think not everybody feels like it in December, but it was good work and I think that's one way to approach it," Del Rio said. "Beyond that, I think that mentally there are just certain things you've got to do to be good on defense and part of it is stopping people from running the ball right at you like that."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2o39CNSz0

run D on thur. was pathetic.

Comment

"Popping people"

reminds me of Bill Cosby Himself movie...

Comment

This wise for a team with so much bad luck with injuries? We can't even stay healthy sitting on a bus.

Comment

Sounds like the Shanny days and smells of desperation. At this point, you are what you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Peach View Post
            Well Champ is supposed to play, that should help the run and pass D immensely.

One of my favorite stories

Comment

The Post can kiss my arse limiting me to the 30 article limit a month.

Comment

Originally posted by MplsBronco View Post
                Sounds like the Shanny days and smells of desperation. At this point, you are what you are.
                Until we lost Vickerson we were top 5 vs the run. Then we lost Wolfe so yep, now we are a team with backups at half the DL positions.

Comment

The local media said it was one of the most spirited practices since training camp opened.

Comment

Yes, a playoff team which Shanny has had one since 2006. I would say a lot better situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      The local media said it was one of the most spirited practices since training camp opened.
                      Hopefully they will play with some real fire this game and not get pushed around like biitches

Comment

GO DEFENSE!

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
                          "Popping people"

reminds me of Bill Cosby Himself movie...
                          Popping people with the Jello Pudding Pops!

Comment

Yep except John Engelberger and Nate Washington are missing.

Comment

I buy into this theory 100%. A season can get stagnant at times...knock the **** outta each other brings back the fire!! WTF do you want the coaches to do, sit on their ass and hope it fixes itself!! Damn, why do some just have to bitch about everything...Good move by the Coach

Comment

Working...
                              X