• Show
Clear All

• Wes Welker Out last 2 weeks

per ESPN

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10...ikely-playoffs

get his brain right.

Comment

#nobigdeal

Nothing to see here. Increased reps for Caldwell and an opportunity to play with more two tight end sets and get the running game really reved up for the playoffs. After Peyton breaks the TD and yardage records that is..

Comment

I think its a problem. Welker is a 3rd down conversion maker. Last week and after he went out in the SD game this team has struggled to convert 3rd downs consistently.

Comment

Thankfully we play 2 of the worst teams in that time.

Comment

I'd rather this than see him out there too soon.

Also, I'd like to see what we can do with him out for an extended period of time, get him rested for the playoffs, and get our offense so we don't depend on him so much in third down situations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
              I'd rather this than see him out there too soon.

Also, I'd like to see what we can do with him out for an extended period of time, get him rested for the playoffs, and get our offense so we don't depend on him so much in third down situations.
              exactly, with the talent we have PFM and our playcalling should not be dependant on wes.

Comment

At this rate of injuries I fully expect the shifty eyed waterboy to sprain his wrist, develop tennis elbow and be out till next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                  I think its a problem. Welker is a 3rd down conversion maker. Last week and after he went out in the SD game this team has struggled to convert 3rd downs consistently.
                  That could be a product of down and distance, personnel, play calling, the opposition scheme and personnel. Welker didn't play last week at all and we started the game sharp and moved the ball efficiently. The pressure from the pass rush was a big culprit of a slower out of sync offense. Welker had somewhat disappeared for a few weeks now and made some very uncharacteristic drops as well.

As Darin just said, we are going against two teams where that shouldn't matter too too much.

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                    #nobigdeal

Nothing to see here. Increased reps for Caldwell and an opportunity to play with more two tight end sets and get the running game really reved up for the playoffs. After Peyton breaks the TD and yardage records that is..
                    I also really like this take too, 2 TE run and pass from that formation ! move 1 of the TE in to the backfield as a FB and do the same !
                    something new for the play-offs !
                    having wes out may compell us to increase our versatility and formations !
                    We were an easy read for the chargers !

Comment

Originally posted by BMORE View Post
                      That could be a product of down and distance, personnel, play calling, the opposition scheme and personnel. Welker didn't play last week at all and we started the game sharp and moved the ball efficiently. The pressure from the pass rush was a big culprit of a slower out of sync offense. Welker had somewhat disappeared for a few weeks now and made some very uncharacteristic drops as well.

As Darin just said, we are going against two teams where that shouldn't matter too too much.
                      if you talked to Pats fans last year, they would gripe that Welkers drops were very characteristic. His production in NE was very much a function of tons of targets because he is excellent at getting open, not so much that he's guaranteed to actually catch the ball.

I believe he is fairly high in terms of dropped passes this year as well.

I'm not complaining - he's a great asset and I'm glad they are shutting him down so hopefully he can contribute in January.

Comment

Tamme and Caldwell need to step up their games and cover for Wes. I am glad he is out the rest of the reg season.

Comment

Patriots fan comments below the article are hilarious. "Once again Belichick knows when to walk away from a player." Yeah, because Belichick knew Welker would get concussed playing a different schedule for a different team and didn't re-sign him. He was so smart he had the wisdom to sign iron-man Danny Amendolla.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                            It shouldn't. It's essentially the same offense as last year with a better tight end. It's more dangerous with Wes, but hardly incompetent

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                              Patriots fan comments below the article are hilarious. "Once again Belichick knows when to walk away from a player." Yeah, because Belichick knew Welker would get concussed playing a different schedule for a different team and didn't re-sign him. He was so smart he had the wisdom to sign iron-man Danny Amendolla.
                              Haha! And what a bust Amendolla has been. Brady would love to have Welker right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X