Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be shopping for a QB in the 2021 NFL Draft?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will be shopping for a QB in the 2021 NFL Draft?

First...let's just get this out of the way now...YES....I made this thread to knock on Drew Lock, the Broncos, to troll and all that....I'm not trying to hide it.

Second...given that I am trolling you, this IS a serious look at who will be shopping for a QB in the draft.

Teams that are all set. (in no particular order...these teams have well established guys who will be around a while, or just got a guy and won't be shopping again so soon)

1. Chiefs
    2. Bengals
    3. Dolphins
    4. Cardinals
    5. Seahawks
    6. Chargers
    7. Texans
    8. Packers
    9. Ravens
    10. Falcons

We've really reached something of a transitional stage for QB's when you really look at it. The 9 teams I listed are really the only teams that are all set beyond 2020. I was reluctant to add the Packers...Jordan Love isn't a guy I like much, but since they invested in him, they are set.

Teams that should be set for a while, but either through the guy they just signed, or maybe a guy that is good but if something better happened to come along, might pull the trigger...again, in no particular order.

1. 49ers
    2. Panthers
    3. Redskins
    4. Giants
    5. Patriots
    6. Cowboys
    7. Bills
    8. Jets
    9. Eagles (I know they drafted Hurts)
    10. Steelers
    11. Browns
    12. Titans
    13. Lions
    14. Raiders
    15. Vikings
    16. Rams
    17. Panthers

Teams that have a known OLD guy and time is short so need to be actively searching for the future guy

1. Saints
    2. Colts
    3. Buccs

Teams that will be shopping

1 Bears
    2 BRONCOS

Basically 5 teams will be looking at this hard....Brees is retiring, they say they are going with T Hill...I don't believe he's the answer. The Colts will find out Rivers sucks and is done. The Buccs might consider themselves in a Tom Brady win now window depending on how he looks this year...if he has something left, they'll put off the next QB another year and roll with Brady.

The Bears are a mess....and not a completely horrible roster...they are all but done with Mitch...it would take a miracle for him to gain their confidence..and another contract.

That leaves Denver. I know ....4-1. I know the numbers. I've also pointed out his flaws and what I think holds him back. I know what you guys think of your team and roster. Fangio is a decent coach. (I think he lost some of the team with his BLM comments) Clearly I think Lock is going to underwhelm and I can see Denver picking somewhat high in the draft

....I pose you all some questions....

What would lock have to do, to convince you that you DON'T need to draft another QB? ....this question doubles as ....What would Lock need to do to show you the Broncos should make a financial commitment long term? Because that decision is going to have to be pretty much made this offseason.

IF it's determined that it's time to move on...who do you want? Lawrence? Fields? Someone else? Another Vet?

I kind of hope you guys go 8-8 and half of you decide you don't want Lock and half of you do.

*Also...it's mid summer in covid times...it's not like theres a whole lot else to talk about.*

I think we have enough to work with... BUT... if he fails enough to give us a high draft pick. Then he has helped us replace him. In my opinion TLawrence all the way. Problem is you need the 1st pick in the draft for that to happen. I highly doubt he fails that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDave View Post
      I think we have enough to work with... BUT... if he fails enough to give us a high draft pick. Then he has helped us replace him. In my opinion TLawrence all the way. Problem is you need the 1st pick in the draft for that to happen. I highly doubt he fails that bad.
      Agree. I want TL like I wanted Elway. But I think NE sucks for TL. I would hate for him to end up there.

Comment

Don't really care at this point. I'm just hoping we can see some football to be quite honest. If you're on another teams board trying debate if they're QB is lagit, you have too much time on your hands.

Comment

Originally posted by gunns View Post

Agree. I want TL like I wanted Elway. But I think NE sucks for TL. I would hate for him to end up there.
          100% agree... I don't think we are going to see football this year. But if we do and Lock sucks, then hell yeah im on the TL bandwagon

Comment

You really like the Panthers being set for a while at both 2 and 17, but somehow the Jaguars are not in your list.....

Comment

Oh boy.

You just want to believe this so bad, don't you.

Lock got thrown into the fire and performed well. Another key item - he made the O-line perform better. He's good, and will only get better with the supporting cast. The thing I think people are overlooking at this point isn't even our passing game, its our run game. If Gordon reaches his potential and clicks well with Lindsay, that takes immediate pressure off Lock (I'm not sure that's even necessary, but its a plus).

Annnnnnd, there's the cheap contract. No way Elway bails on the cheap rookie deal. He will put a **** ton of money into other places building a contender, he's done that as well as any GM in the league. All the pieces are in place to keep building around the young talent, and your hypothesis has no merit in fact. If Lock pulls a 4-12 season, everything changes, but there is no actual data to prove your hypothesis.

Comment

Bears, Saints(though they may end up rolling with Winston after Brees), Colts, Patriots, Lions are the likely ones to be shopping hard for a QB.
                Patriots aren't going to lose with Bill B trying to prove he can win without Brady, especially with Gronk in TB too.
                Colts and Saints will win enough to not sniff TL.

The Bears should be far and away the favorite unless the Lions stink up the joint since that FO and coaching staff is getting **** canned either way.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                  Bears, Saints(though they may end up rolling with Winston after Brees), Colts, Patriots, Lions are the likely ones to be shopping hard for a QB.
                  Patriots aren't going to lose with Bill B trying to prove he can win without Brady, especially with Gronk in TB too.
                  Colts and Saints will win enough to not sniff TL.

The Bears should be far and away the favorite unless the Lions stink up the joint since that FO and coaching staff is getting **** canned either way.
                  Belichick already proved he can win without Brady, when Brady torn his acl in 2008, Matt Cassel was the starter and went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, that was impressive

Comment

Originally posted by TheDave View Post

100% agree... I don't think we are going to see football this year. But if we do and Lock sucks, then hell yeah im on the TL bandwagon
                    There will not be a season. Then what do they do? Only fair thing is a lottery. TL COULD happen in that scenario.

Comment

Not really sure why we deal with your bull****. If I was a mod, you would have been gone long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyMoss84 View Post

Belichick already proved he can win without Brady, when Brady torn his acl in 2008, Matt Cassel was the starter and went 11-5 but missed the playoffs, that was impressive
                        they didn't win anything without Brady

Comment

Ummm the Falcons definitely will be needing a qb. Ryan is the definition of average. Hes old as balls. Theyll be hunting for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyMoss84 View Post

It was 1 season and he's never won a significant playoff run without Brady. He's out to prove something this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogo View Post
                              Not really sure why we deal with your bull****. If I was a mod, you would have been gone long ago.
                              Honest football discussion during the summer and in this general environment. I am fine with the OP.

For the Broncos to be in the market with a high pick I would need to see Lynch level of ineptness. Simian / Trubisky level of play and higher and I would roll with Lock into 2021.

Comment

Working...
                              X