I was selected for Phase III COVID Clinical Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was selected for Phase III COVID Clinical Trial

Wish me luck! Single blinded and I may get the placebo! See you cowards! I put my money where my mouth is.

I'll update after the first injection!

Good luck Alaska!

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post
      Wish me luck! Single blinded and I may get the placebo! See you cowards! I put my money where my mouth is.

What company?

Comment

I wish you well.

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

What company?
          Don't know yet. They won't tell me until the day I receive my first vaccine dose (I get two). May get a placebo as well.

Comment

Have fun being a guinea pig, I don’t think it was a surprise to anyone but yourself that you were selected.. probably very very few people signed up for it.

Comment

Don't know yet. They won't tell me until the day I receive my first vaccine dose (I get two). May get a placebo as well.
              Yeah, good luck!

I heard a speculation the other day that was a response to the perceived selectivity of Covid-19. It was postulated that people with type O blood might be less susceptible to Covid than those with A or B type. Shakey, I know, but interesting hypothesis. Something to study. You have any insight there?

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
                Have fun being a guinea pig, I don’t think it was a surprise to anyone but yourself that you were selected.. probably very very few people signed up for it.
                What a prick!

As for the point of this thread.

Great ****ing job... let the children see what a real patriot does.

Comment

Good luck and thank you. It'll be interesting to hear what happens.

Comment

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
                      Baaahh! MAGA! Baahh!

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post

Yeah, good luck!

I heard a speculation the other day that was a response to the perceived selectivity of Covid-19. It was postulated that people with type O blood might be less susceptible to Covid than those with A or B type. Shakey, I know, but interesting hypothesis. Something to study. You have any insight there?
                        They don't know for sure regarding the blood type, but they do know it's not a significant factor. Stronger factors are status of immune system, age, BMI, underlying conditions and viral load.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

They don't know for sure regarding the blood type, but they do know it's not a significant factor. Stronger factors are status of immune system, age, BMI, underlying conditions and viral load.
                          Agreed. But speculation always leads to thought experiments, and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladin View Post

Agreed. But speculation always leads to thought experiments, and so on.
                            To my knowledge, China, the U.S, and other countries have noted...

Type A blood is 30% more likely than average to get infected. Type O is 20% less likely.

Since COVID has affects on blood clotting, some think it has something to do with clot factors.

Comment

Good for you -- appreciate anyone who participates in these trials. Science for the win!

Comment

Working...
                              X