Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And this is why Todd McShay/ESPN is incompetent...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Requiem View Post
    Tell us who you want the Broncos to draft, Action. I will be sure to forward your suggestions to Pat Bowlen and John Elway at the Broncos Christmas Party.
    I never suggested the Broncos to draft anyone... I am not even pointing out a player for that matter.

    I think we all know the Broncos need some defense...but **** if they want to go Guard or WR because Decker then so be it...but OT is literally one of the LAST position we need to draft.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Action View Post
      I never suggested the Broncos to draft anyone... I am not even pointing out a player for that matter.

      I think we all know the Broncos need some defense.
      Definitely. I would like to see us draft Billy Turner, OT in the late rounds.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Action View Post
        And if Clady isn't healthy, don't we still have Clark?
        Yes, but most rookies need time to develop....and if you can upgrade any position you do it in my opinion.

        People need to realize that not every player who gets drafted is necessarily drafted to become an immediate starter, but to become a future pro bowler.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Requiem View Post
          Definitely. I would like to see us draft Billy Turner, OT in the late rounds.
          Yeah...I'm not debating late round picks because all that is a toss up. But with a 1st 2nd 3rd round pick you better Have the potential to be able to come in and contribute right away or else its a waste of money ... (Outside of QB of course). 3rd could be stretching it...

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Action View Post
            Yeah...I'm not debating late round picks because all that is a toss up. But with a 1st 2nd 3rd round pick you better Have the potential to be able to come in and contribute right away or else its a waste of money ... (Outside of QB of course). 3rd could be stretching it...
            I whole-heartedly agree. Denver needs two starters out of their first three selections in this draft, preferably both on defense. DB is a certainty.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by errand View Post
              Yes, but most rookies need time to develop....and if you can upgrade any position you do it in my opinion.

              People need to realize that not every player who gets drafted is necessarily drafted to become an immediate starter, but to become a future pro bowler.
              Almost all 1st rounders are drafted to play in their 1st year outside of QBs.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                Tell us who you want the Broncos to draft, Action. I will be sure to forward your suggestions to Pat Bowlen and John Elway at the Broncos Christmas Party.
                I dont think he needs to say who to take but who NOT TO TAKE! We don't need an OL player right now. We bitch and moan about defensive holes and we want to look at a spot that has been pretty good all year long?

                This is a forum where we throw out ideas. I think Action speaks for most by stating we don't need an Olinemen.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Action View Post
                  Unreal at the amount of people trying to justify drafting an OT. Omane gms are just as bad as I thought.

                  Do you really think John Elway would use a 1st round pick on drafting someone that will most likely get 0 playing time?

                  We JUST gave Ryan Clady a huge contract extension, we JUST gave Chris Clark a contract extension, and Franklin is due a contract after next season. Why would anyone with a quarter brain or more allocate money and a 1st round pick at OT?

                  Why would we use a 1st round pick on a Tackle with so many glaring needs?

                  It makes no sense in any predictable circumstance.
                  Well, if you're just going to ignore what people actually write then...

                  Go Seahawks!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                    Well, if you're just going to ignore what people actually write then...

                    Go Seahawks!
                    What? I didn't ignore what you wrote... but in specific regards to your post...it still doesn't make sense.

                    Clady not being healthy enough to play an entire season is doubtful. He was injured in September. It makes no sense drafting a player (OT) that will potentially be a 3rd stringer, and potentially 0 playing time. A very high and realistic potential.

                    That's just in regards to next year (2014)...but what about every year after? Ryan Clady returns to his normal self...now what? You just literally wasted a 1st round pick that could have been used elsewhere.

                    Now imagine if the OT you drafted sucks and doesn't pan out. How much heat would John Elway get for drafting an OT that sucks when you have 3 NFL starting caliber tackles on your team...1 in which you gave a huge contract to?

                    Do you really want a rookie to protect Mannings blind side when we have other options?

                    It literally makes NO sense to draft a tackle. Financially it doesn't, and with our depth chart it doesn't.

                    Martin playing guard is another story...only way it makes sense is to draft him TO play guard because Beadles isn't resigned. But at that point, you're drafting a guard technically. Isn't relevant to anything I'm saying though.
                    Last edited by Action; 12-18-2013, 03:05 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                      defense, defense, defense

                      oh and

                      defense
                      It should never be one sided, it will be balance draft like the rest. I would not be surprise if we continue to see the trend of 2nd tier FA to full the hole on defense like we have seen in the past.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        We need 2 Safeties, 1 CB depending if we sign DRC and what happens to Champ, a true MLB and DL depth.

                        It is always good to have OL Depth but outside of maybe a change of pace RB we don't have many needs on O.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Draft BPA.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Action View Post
                            What? I didn't ignore what you wrote... but in specific regards to your post...it still doesn't make sense.

                            Clady not being healthy enough to play an entire season is doubtful. He was injured in September. It makes no sense drafting a player (OT) that will potentially be a 3rd stringer, and potentially 0 playing time. A very high and realistic potential.

                            That's just in regards to next year (2014)...but what about every year after? Ryan Clady returns to his normal self...now what? You just literally wasted a 1st round pick that could have been used elsewhere.

                            Now imagine if the OT you drafted sucks and doesn't pan out. How much heat would John Elway get for drafting an OT that sucks when you have 3 NFL starting caliber tackles on your team...1 in which you gave a huge contract to?

                            Do you really want a rookie to protect Mannings blind side when we have other options?

                            It literally makes NO sense to draft a tackle. Financially it doesn't, and with our depth chart it doesn't.
                            Go Seahawks!

                            Originally posted by Action View Post
                            Martin playing guard is another story...only way it makes sense is to draft him TO play guard because Beadles isn't resigned. But at that point, you're drafting a guard technically. Isn't relevant to anything I'm saying though.
                            Well at least you finally, somewhat, addressed somewhere near my point.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                              Bortles is going to go really high, but . I hope Cleveland takes him.
                              Top 20 is one thing. But it is a whole nothing issue to have him going #3 overall.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                We need a damn MLB!! A ferocious leader on the field...I am so damn sick of the turnstile at that position.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X