The Seahawks have given up 19 yards on punt returns this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Seahawks have given up 19 yards on punt returns this season

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Seahawks have given up 19 yards on punt returns this season.</p>&mdash; NFL: AroundTheLeague (@NFL_ATL) <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/statuses/413356122125660160">December 18, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

10 yards were to Ted Ginn in week 1.

So they've given up 9 return yards in 14 weeks.

And for those opposed to playing starting defenders on special teams (like DRC)... Seahawks Special Teams are all starters...Earl Thomas, Chancellor, Robinson...and then Lane and Maxwell are currently their starting CBs and their gunners.

Comment

Cool story.

Let me jot that down in my "Notes on the Seattle Seahawks" file... oh wait.

Comment

How often do they punt? Seems to me their offense drains the clock limiting opportunity for other teams. And a punter that keeps the ball high in the air forcing fair catches

Comment

Well that's one reason they're sitting at 12-2....ST's is a big part of a team's success or lack thereof.... how many times has our ST's let us down?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
            How often do they punt? Seems to me their offense drains the clock limiting opportunity for other teams. And a punter that keeps the ball high in the air forcing fair catches
            Their punter actually said his main focus this season was to get major hangtime. It's better to boot a 42 yard punt and get a 0 yard return then it is to boot a 50+ yarder with a 10-20 yard return.

Comment

Originally posted by errand View Post
              Well that's one reason they're sitting at 12-2....ST's is a big part of a team's success or lack thereof.... how many times has our ST's let us down?
              In 2 of our losses, our special teams ****ed up.

Comment

Good for them, they will give up 120 in the first playoff game because they are chokers.

I love that 49er fans are building a billboard to mock Seattle. If you think this is a dick move, go read up and see who started the whole thing.

Not surprisingly (if you are lazy) it was those losers from Seattle, you know ones that talk a big game but have 0 big game wins lol

Comment

Originally posted by RedskinBronco View Post
                  Good for them, they will give up 120 in the first playoff game because they are chokers.

I love that 49er fans are building a billboard to mock Seattle. If you think this is a dick move, go read up and see who started the whole thing.

Not surprisingly (if you are lazy) it was those losers from Seattle, you know ones that talk a big game but have 0 big game wins lol
                  Yeah that billboard idea is effing sweet.

Comment

seattle, solid in all phases.
                    Pete carrol, a legitimate HC, not some QB / OC wannabe.

Comment

Originally posted by RedskinBronco View Post

I think that whole rivalry is great for the NFL (outside of all the violence it creates). Nothing is more intense than that rivalry right now in the NFL.

I hope they play one more time this season.

Reminds me of the old Raiders and Broncos rivalry...

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post

Jay doesn’t exude; he just lightly rubs himself on stuff. He’s an inward fart

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post

and he don't care

Comment

I would say that the punter and then coverage guys get the kudos. Those punts have got to have great hangtime and very few returned. His average is 42.5 yards which is 30th in the NFL. He moves up to 24th with his net average of 39.1. Which if the stat is correct, a lot of fair catches or balls going out of bounds. His average and net average is not very good. BTW, Colquitt is averaging 44.3 and is 25th. His net average is 40.0 and that is good for 13th place.

So, file this one and save it for Armchair Seahawk when he wants to give us more of his local and "2nd favorite" team, the Seahawks.
                            Last edited by broncocalijohn; 12-18-2013, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                              I would say that the punter and then coverage guys get the kudos. Those punts have got to have great hangtime and very few returned. His average is 42.5 yards which is 30th in the NFL. He moves up to 24th with his net average of 39.1. Which if the stat is correct, a lot of fair catches or balls going out of bounds. His average and net average is not very good. BTW, Colquitt is averaging 44.3 and is 25th. His net average is 40.0 and that is good for 13th place.

So, file this one and save it for Armchair Seahawk when he wants to give us more of his local and "2nd favorite" team, the Seahawks.
                              So the difference in net between 24th place and 13th place is 0.9 yards? Ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                              X