Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Anyone following the Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow craziness?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Anyone following the Chad Daybell and Lori Vallow craziness?

This is the crazy couple whose spouses died and children disappeared.

They just arrested Chad, and are digging on his property.

Absolutely! Chad is from the town I grew up in just a few years older.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Absolutely! Chad is from the town I grew up in just a few years older.
      Did you catch the press conference they just did? They found human remains behind Chad's house.

Oh, snap.

Comment

It's ****ing disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Did you catch the press conference they just did? They found human remains behind Chad's house.

Oh, snap.
          Not surprised. They wouldn't take him into custody and start digging. Lori probably started talking or someone else.

Comment

Rumor around Rexburg is that they've only found one set of remains, and they think it's probably JJ.

Comment

Oh, no. Was hoping they weren't lying about sending the kids off to stay with relatives somewhere. But with no one having heard anything from or about them for so long, it's not surprising that they're probably dead. Such a sad story.

Comment

I hadn't been paying much attention to it. Why is Vallow called the "cult mom"?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                  I hadn't been paying much attention to it. Why is Vallow called the "cult mom"?
                  It's a crazy story - as complicated as any crime story I can remember following. The tl;dr version is that her two children have been missing for almost a year. She considers herself some kind of prophet, and she's married a guy who also considers himself some kind of prophet. They got married less than two weeks after both of their spouses died mysteriously last year (a crazy number of people associated with the woman have died weird deaths). They have this bizarre religious philosophy that is founded on LDS (Mormon) theology - but then goes completely off the rails. They apparently believe that people become zombies (their term), because evil spirits take over their bodies. Before the kids disappeared, they were telling people that they had evidence that the kids had become zombies.

The kids disappeared, and they've told everyone that they've hidden them somewhere to fight off an attempt at custody by one of the kids' grandparents. But they won't tell anyone where they've hidden them - only that they're safe. It seems pretty unlikely that they've been able to hide two humans for nine months, obviously.

A few months ago, the court ordered her to produce the children. When she didn't, they arrested her, and she has been held ever since. Today, they raided his property, arrested him, and announced that they had found one set of human remains buried behind his house (probably just a coincidence).

Oh, and they apparently think that the world is ending on July 22nd. So, there's that.

Also, his wife was perfectly healthy, in her late 40's, when she died in her sleep. The state of Idaho didn't think it was weird, at all, and released her to be buried. But then all hell broke loose with all this other stuff, so they exhumed her body. So far, they haven't said what they found when they reexamined it (it was around Thanksgiving)/

I know it's ludicrous that that is the tl;dr version. But there's actually a lot of crap I left out. It is a crazy story.

Comment

Oh yeah. She's been a pageant contestant (see below) - it's like a perfect storm for the kind of story the media gets worked up about.

She's repulsive, by the way.

Click image for larger version

Name:	VP-COMP-LORI-1.jpg?strip=all&quality=100&w=1200&h=800&crop=1.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	2643158

Comment

They had ran off to Hawaii too before getting arrested and sent back to Idaho.

Comment

They really think the world is going to last until July 22d??

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post
                          They really think the world is going to last until July 22d??
                          Apparently. But, in fairness, they were telling people that last fall. Since then, we've had a plague, a decent-sized earthquake (5.7 here in SLC), murder hornets, and riots.

I'm currently 50/50 on whether I buy it. I'm starting to lean towards it happening sooner than the 22nd.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            They had ran off to Hawaii too before getting arrested and sent back to Idaho.
                            On the plus side, they got some really cute photos of their Hawaii wedding.

Click image for larger version

Name:	NINTCHDBPICT000564680444.png?strip=all&w=960.png
Views:	421
Size:	547.9 KB
ID:	2643166

Comment

Yeah I've followed this closely. Heartbroken if the remains are the kids, but have never thought Lori would sit in jail if the kids were alive. I guess the kids had turned into zombies (her actual words about JJ) and it's due to the crazy cult leader she married. I'm hoping the grandparents and her older son get some closure. They break my heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X