Time to narrow the goal posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to narrow the goal posts

The percentages are insane. ****ing justin tucker can lick my balls. Getting inside the 45 shouldn't always mean 3 pts

Originally posted by ATL-Eric View Post
    The percentages are insane. ****ing justin tucker can lick my balls. Getting inside the 45 shouldn't always mean 3 pts

You mean Tucker?

Damn fast editing...

Comment

Less points?

NFL says, we think not.

Comment

of all the rule changes, this one just is not high on my list.

Comment

I just improbably won my fantasy game because of him. I was down 22 with only Tucker left. Crazy

Comment

Something needs to be done to make it more difficult with how well kickers are now. 13 kickers are kicking field goals at a 90% or better clip now, with 7 more 85% or better.
            10 years ago in 2003, only 3 kickers kicked 90% or better and only 10 total had above 85%.

And last year, 8 kickers had 90% or better, and 15 total kicked over 85%.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post
              Something needs to be done to make it more difficult with how well kickers are now. 13 kickers are kicking field goals at a 90% or better clip now, with 7 more 85% or better.
              10 years ago in 2003, only 3 kickers kicked 90% or better and only 10 total had above 85%.

Did the goal posts change? Maybe kickers are just getting better.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChamp24 View Post

this.

Look up what the percentages were in the 80's on natural turf.

Comment

Kickers are getting better. That's all it really is...a lot of money to be made at the 32 positions in the NFL.

Better coaching, better techniques. Better mental techniques...etc

Comment

Does he make that kick outside? Only in Denver. Any other outside place that's a miss especially in the cold. Plus Tucker is a great kicker. Not many around the league make that.

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                      Kickers are getting better. That's all it really is...a lot of money to be made at the 32 positions in the NFL.

Better coaching, better techniques. Better mental techniques...etc
                      Better visualization techniques, too. Not to mention helium-filled footballs.

Comment

Here we go:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-kick...ver-the-years/

Comment

Originally posted by Action View Post
                          Less points?

NFL says, we think not.
                          FEWER points.

Comment

That Stefan Fatsis (hahahaha - FATSIS!) needs to enter the discussion!

Comment

Ironic that a fan of team that has had not only a 63 yd FG and a 64 yd FG is whining about kickers making kicks... I am more shocked when they miss something less than 20 yards then I am if they kick one over 60

Comment

Working...
                              X