Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cortland Sutton

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cortland Sutton

    Watching the Raiders @ Broncos game from last year. Announcers said that Sutton led the NFL in drawing penalties. In that game he had went 10 straight games drawing a penalty from the defensive player.. Wow..

    anyway, that is a pretty impressive stat. That is all I have.... back to your fun.

  • #2
    Last season, Sutton was drawing double-teams and Safety shade. With Jeudy playing opposite and a formidable slot receiver, I expect Sutton is going to have a big year. I love the way he competes for the football.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by qbronco View Post
      Last season, Sutton was drawing double-teams and Safety shade. With Jeudy playing opposite and a formidable slot receiver, I expect Sutton is going to have a big year. I love the way he competes for the football.
      It's what we always wanted to see out of DT. Sutton has a chance to be the Broncos goat at the WR position.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post

        It's what we always wanted to see out of DT. Sutton has a chance to be the Broncos goat at the WR position.
        He probably won't be, but he is damn good. I am really excited to see Fant, Sutton, Jeudy and Albert all on the field at the same time. In that group Sutton runs the slowest 40 time, and nobody is shorter than Jeudy at 6'1. No defense in the league can match that combination of size and speed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by gyldenlove View Post

          He probably won't be, but he is damn good. I am really excited to see Fant, Sutton, Jeudy and Albert all on the field at the same time. In that group Sutton runs the slowest 40 time, and nobody is shorter than Jeudy at 6'1. No defense in the league can match that combination of size and speed.
          Yeah, I agree, there are going to be a lot of go patterns. Hopefully, Lock will be better at the deep ball this year.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by maher_tyler View Post

            It's what we always wanted to see out of DT. Sutton has a chance to be the Broncos goat at the WR position.
            Umm...DT was commanding double teams, rolling coverage to his side and multiple things that great WR's get from defenses. The hate he gets on this board is silly.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

              Umm...DT was commanding double teams, rolling coverage to his side and multiple things that great WR's get from defenses. The hate he gets on this board is silly.
              When DT was on, he was more dominant than Brandon Marshall and the best we had. My only complaint is he didn't "sustain" the greatness. I fully agree he gets more hate than he deserves but who knows.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

                When DT was on, he was more dominant than Brandon Marshall and the best we had. My only complaint is he didn't "sustain" the greatness. I fully agree he gets more hate than he deserves but who knows.
                I know he switched his diet to maintain health but I swear right after he did, he got hurt more often and his play dropped off. It happened to Von when he switched his diet as well but I believe he switched his back.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

                  Umm...DT was commanding double teams, rolling coverage to his side and multiple things that great WR's get from defenses. The hate he gets on this board is silly.
                  I took his response as being to "I love the way he competes for the football" not "drawing double-teams and Safety shade" which I would agree with.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

                    When DT was on, he was more dominant than Brandon Marshall and the best we had. My only complaint is he didn't "sustain" the greatness. I fully agree he gets more hate than he deserves but who knows.
                    DT looked good because he had P Manning throwing to him. DT failed to show up on many occasions.

                    IMO Denver's best WR ever was Emmanual Sanders because of the fire he always showed. He always showed up in big games - and gave 100%.

                    Courtland has the same desire and will to succeed. He is going to be fun to watch - along with the other cast of characters.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

                      DT looked good because he had P Manning throwing to him. DT failed to show up on many occasions.

                      IMO Denver's best WR ever was Emmanual Sanders because of the fire he always showed. He always showed up in big games - and gave 100%.

                      Courtland has the same desire and will to succeed. He is going to be fun to watch - along with the other cast of characters.
                      WR's tend to look good with Manning, shocking. DT was also trusted by Manning and that comes with being a legit pro and great player. They worked well with each other.

                      Sanders is not even close to the best WR in Denver ever, nor does his fire have anything to do with his actual standing.

                      There is so weird ass hang up that fans have about DT that needs to stop. Sutton is more DT than he is Rod Smith.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by DHallblows View Post

                        I took his response as being to "I love the way he competes for the football" not "drawing double-teams and Safety shade" which I would agree with.
                        Most of the complaints about DT were saying he never dove for the leaping catch or didn't snatch the ball out of the air from defenders. Then when he did it they would complain that he makes circus catches but drops routine ones.
                        It's silly. People wanted him to play like Megatron or Dez Bryant due to his size and that was not his game. He was a smooth receiver who used moves to get around or by you.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I also saw that Sutton had more broken tackles after the catch than any other WR (and any other player besides McCaffrey and Ekeler)

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X