Week 16 Injury/Practice Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 16 Injury/Practice Updates

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mr. Sportsman of the Year not participating in Broncos &quot;bonus practice&quot; today.</p>&mdash; Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/412635594695536640">December 16, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Peyton Manning stretched broke it down but then.left practice for conditionlng and treatment</p>&mdash; Mike Klis (@MikeKlis) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeKlis/statuses/412636016822849536">December 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Wes Welker, Derek Wolfe and Kayvon Webster also not practicing for Broncos today.</p>&mdash; Lindsay Jones (@bylindsayhjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones/statuses/412637728002424832">December 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Peyton Manning on field during stretch for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Broncos&amp;src=hash">#Broncos</a>, but then went inside and wasn't slated to throw today. Did go through walk-through.</p>&mdash; Jeff Legwold (@Jeff_Legwold) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jeff_Legwold/statuses/412641013048430592">December 16, 2013</a></blockquote>

We need wolfe badly..I hope he plays.

Comment

Interesting that everyone with a last name that starts with a W is either not practicing or is not playing at the level needed.

Where you at Williams and Woodyard. We need more Ws! Thats right, we need 5 more Ws.

Comment

Wolfe may not play again this season, and we all need to be prepared for that.
        Most important thing is for him to get healthy, however long it takes.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
          Do we know what exactly was wrong with Wolfe? As much as I want him back, a person's health is always more important than our entertainment happiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
            Interesting that everyone with a last name that starts with a W is either not practicing or is not playing at the level needed.

Where you at Williams and Woodyard. We need more Ws! Thats right, we need 5 more Ws.
            clever.

Comment

champ?

Comment

if they aren't practicing by thursday, then forget it.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Stout View Post
                  Do we know what exactly was wrong with Wolfe? As much as I want him back, a person's health is always more important than our entertainment happiness.
                  That's the thing... nobody has come out and given a diagnosis of his illness/whatever has caused him to be out.

This makes me think more along the lines of something that would be covered under HIPAA, something along the lines of a mental illness, epilepsy, or anxiety disorder.

They do not have to disclose any of that information because it is not a bodily injury. So, like we've said, the most important thing is for D. Wolfe to get well.

The fact that he admitted to losing nearly 25 lbs before this seizure scare is another alarming issue. I hope he's alright, for the long term.

Comment

is the extra practice day due to losing or playing on Thurs.? I'd like to think it's due to the loss. kind of like when Shanny would take hat day away after a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
                      is the extra practice day due to losing or playing on Thurs.? I'd like to think it's due to the loss. kind of like when Shanny would take hat day away after a loss.
                      Nope, they've had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. They are practicing today because they played on Thurs. I believe they'll have tomorrow off to get back on their normal weekly schedule.

Comment

Nope, they've had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. They are practicing today because they played on Thurs. I believe they'll have tomorrow off to get back on their normal weekly schedule.
                        I see. thanks.

Comment

I assume we won't see him either. But id happily welcome him back!

Comment

By Mike Klis
                            The Denver Post
                            POSTED: 12/16/2013 11:05:33 AM MST | UPDATED: 28 MIN. AGO

Sports Illustrated magazine announced Sunday that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is its <A
                            Sports Illustrated magazine announced Sunday that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning is its Sportsman of the Year. (John Leyba, Denver Post file)
                            Monday was a bonus practice for the Broncos.

Lots of fundamentals, individual and position drills. Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year and quarterback Peyton Manning attended the stretch and was called on to break it down (where players gather in a huddle, string together some collective claps and break off to their position groups). Manning then left the practice field with strength and conditioning coach Luke Richesson to the weightlifting facility.

Also missing practice Monday: Slot receiver Wes Welker (concussion), defensive lineman Derek Wolfe (illness) and cornerback Kayvon Webster (fractured thumb).

The Broncos will be off Tuesday, then begin their game-planning practices for the Houston Texans on Wednesday.

Read more: Peyton Manning, Wes Welker among Broncos out for "bonus practice" - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2nfFkrsDE
                            Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
                            Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Comment

Gotta love the Omane doctors.

Comment

Working...
                              X