I like the way everything is setting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like the way everything is setting up

You can analyze what the best way to go into the playoffs is until you are blue in the face....but as we all know from last year once the postseason starts nothing before that matters and it is time to play your best football.

Having said that I do like the fact that it looks like we will have to play to win all the way until the end. I think this minimizes the chance of being rusty. Having 3 weeks between meaningful games is not good in my opinion. I also think losing last week was the perfect time to lose assuming we win our last two and it didn't end up hurting us. Good wake up call, makes us realize we can be beat if we don't play good but we still have two more games to get back on track before a bye to rest and then get ready to roll. Furthermore, if we win out it is obviously a good thing that we get home field, but I also like our chances in the potential matchups in the divisional round (Miami, Baltimore, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Indianapolis).

Broke neck, cold weather, no D,

hope is lost. should just end the season now.

also I agree with you.

Comment

I hate the, "it was a wake up call" angle. Seriously?? the def has been giving up yards and points all season, did anyone NOT expect chargers to score 27+? this defense is badly in need of help and if it was barely a wake up call now then this team has serious problems elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
        I hate the, "it was a wake up call" angle. Seriously?? the def has been giving up yards and points all season, did anyone NOT expect chargers to score 27+? this defense is badly in need of help and if it was barely a wake up call now then this team has serious problems elsewhere.
        I agree with you. But a final reminder on our field right before the playoffs is not a horrible thing....as long as we win these last two and it didn't end up mattering.

Comment

I think people expected the offense to put up 30 plus. Masking the defensive deficiencies. Vick and Wolfe start Ryan Matthews don't run all over us. Sly and Unrein in there its problems.

Comment

Setting up

Let me tell you Mr Orange colored glasses salesman, The only thing setting up is this _efense needs to get better and be able to stop teams from scoring at will. They are giving up way too many points every game and are getting worse whether because of injury, stupid ass penalties, being out of position or just not being that good.

Your logic that other teams suck so we are better off is plain crazy. We lost at home to a sub .500 team, make any and all excuses to justify the loss.

Comment

the 2012 broncos won 11 straight games going into their playoff bye......losing in week 15 doesn't mean anything

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                Setting up

Let me tell you Mr Orange colored glasses salesman, The only thing setting up is this _efense needs to get better and be able to stop teams from scoring at will. They are giving up way too many points every game and are getting worse whether because of injury, stupid ass penalties, being out of position or just not being that good.

Your logic that other teams suck so we are better off is plain crazy. We lost at home to a sub .500 team, make any and all excuses to justify the loss.
                I'm very worried and not making any excuses for the D. I'm simply saying if we can win our last two games and get home field I like that we had to play all the way through the season and we go into the playoffs with a couple wins.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                  the 2012 broncos won 11 straight games going into their playoff bye......losing in week 15 doesn't mean anything
                  You are kinda making my point for me. I think maybe last year we forgot what it was like to lose cause it had been so long. This loss will be fresh in our minds and will remind us we can lose at home.

Comment

Everybody knows the D is tattered and bleeding yards and points easily.

I think it was a wake-up call the offense that we can't continue to go long stretches of 3 and outs deep in our end, and only score 20 points a game.. so receivers get off the coverage, o-line play above yourselves and RB makes space because we can't have a showing on O like we did last week or it will be very anti-climactic.

Whatever the Colts and Chargers D did to our O, Manning and Gase better figure out a way to beat it because our vaunted Offense looks sad after that intial drive.

Comment

Over at the (evil ) IAOFM, it was mentioned that the Pats and Chiefs both play lose-able morning games next Sunday. @ the same time we're playing.

It is possible that by 2pm next Sunday, the Broncos have everything locked up.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                        I think people expected the offense to put up 30 plus. Masking the defensive deficiencies. Vick and Wolfe start Ryan Matthews don't run all over us. Sly and Unrein in there its problems.
                        I agree..that's the reason we need wolfe.Chargers just kept on running the ball.

Comment

Why would that be expected, when they were held to 20 in the first game? You could fear it, consider it possible....but to expect it is nothing but an negative attitude.

Comment

Interesting......if the Colts win out (and they CAN, as they have KC, then Jax at home)....

AND if the Pats and Bengals each drop a game (also very probable).....then Indy would actually get the #2 seed.

But I guess I'm in the minority here when I say I don't think the Colts go into Arrowhead and win. Chiefs will probably only lose @ SD, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                              Interesting......if the Colts win out (and they CAN, as they have KC, then Jax at home)....

AND if the Pats and Bengals each drop a game (also very probable).....then Indy would actually get the #2 seed.

But I guess I'm in the minority here when I say I don't think the Colts go into Arrowhead and win. Chiefs will probably only lose @ SD, IMO.
                              I agree with your last statement, and I think the Chargers will be eliminated from the playoffs this week when Miami beats the Bills. So will they beat KC with nothing to play for? Not sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X