Flawed Teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flawed Teams

Yes, the 2013 Denver Broncos are a flawed team; however, I don't see an AFC threat that isn't a flawed team which to me leaves a wide open AFC for the Superbowl representative.

2. Patriots: Their Defense is highly suspect in the fact that they cannot stop the run and let the Dolphins have their way on offense. Add in the Patriots offensive problems in the red-zone without Gronk and it is a flawed team.

3. Bengals: Their Defense is missing two of its best players and is a shell of its early season self. This coupled with Dalton's inconsistent play makes them a flawed team as well.

4. Colts: The Colts D is also suspect and without Reggie Wayne their offense is not what it once was, relying on unproven players in key spots. Again, flawed.

5. Chiefs: Their D isn't clicking, but I haven't watched enough of their games to understand why at this point, but they are giving up a ton of points. While their offense has gotten hot, screen plays to your running back aren't going to win playoff games (because those games aren't against Oakland and Washington). Alex Smith will have to go vertical at some point and that doesn't bode well.

6. Ravens: Haven't watched a ton of their games, but their offense has been pretty pedestrian, while their run game has been downright awful. Their Defense has become better, but their secondary still seems suspect. This might actually be the most complete team with the least glaring flaws.

this time of year offenses catch up to defenses.
    most points scored EVER on a single day in the NFL!
    last week, most TDs EVER on a single day.
    ...and yet what LOMBARDI said FIVE DECADES ago still rings true,
    those that run the ball and stop the run will hold the trophy.
    in a match-up of TWO of the NFLs most prolific and accurate passers this year on THURSDAY, 'Lombardi's words rose above all the HYPE !

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
      Yes, the 2013 Denver Broncos are a flawed team; however, I don't see an AFC threat that isn't a flawed team which to me leaves a wide open AFC for the Superbowl representative.
      Yes I can see that ....... terrible just terrible
      Attached Files

Comment

If you can't see that there are some flaws in the Broncos, well then, you are a homer.

I actually don't like her nose either.

Comment

Whoever comes in at the last spot will be tough. They'll be coming in hot playing good football. and we all know a team that gets hot during that time can make waves. Miami Chargers or Ravens will be tough coming into playoffs.

Comment

every team is flawed in some way, its the reason the Patriots couldn't go 19-0... its all about idetifying a weakness, gettng a favorbale match-up, and executig wihtout the mental errors.

We make a ton of unforced mental errors. a ton.

Comment

Even though we have an alarming propensity to continually shoot ourselves in the foot, I still feel like when this team is on, no one can beat them.

Our 'A' game > anyone else's 'A' game.

Our defense isn't the best, but it's good enough to make a couple of stops to let the offense open a lead, and make the other team one dimensional.

Comment

Didn't we do this thread already?

Comment

It's not 1990 anymore...every team is flawed

Comment

The last three Super Bowl winners came out in these positions after the regular season:

10-6 #4 seed
                    9-7 #4 seed
                    10-6 #6 seed

The Broncos have already won more regular season games this season than the last three Super Bowl Champions. I'm not sure how to predict which team has it in them to flip that switch come post season. The number of people who claim they can predict this is a lot larger than the actual number of people who could have accurately predicted any of the last three Super Bowl winners. All we can really do is hope this year the Broncos are that team.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylore View Post
                      Didn't we do this thread already?
                      Which one of the 320 are you referring to?

Comment

I'll be glad when the playoffs are here...

Comment

Originally posted by winstoncup bronco View Post
                          Even though we have an alarming propensity to continually shoot ourselves in the foot, I still feel like when this team is on, no one can beat them.

Our 'A' game > anyone else's 'A' game.

Our defense isn't the best, but it's good enough to make a couple of stops to let the offense open a lead, and make the other team one dimensional.
                          this is a referance to our O
                          an A game from our O.
                          well, sadly, regardless of how potent a teams O may be, a D and ST are needed to go all the way !
                          ask the fouts chargers to show you their rings !
                          How many points have the cowboys O scored this season?
                          where are the cowboys headed?
                          This mentality about nobody can stop our O is a false one!
                          just ask the d chargers who ran the ball 44 times !
                          come the play-offs it wont be about PFM, his A game or B game. it will be about running the ball and stopping the run and being sound in all 3 phases of football !
                          all these fans who think we can ride PFMs coat-tails to the victory podium in february are delusional.
                          it takes a TEAM to win a SB, just ask JFE.
                          His first sentence will include the name terrel davis.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                            this is a referance to our O
                            an A game from our O.
                            well, sadly, regardless of how potent a teams O may be, a D and ST are needed to go all the way !
                            ask the fouts chargers to show you their rings !
                            How many points have the cowboys O scored this season?
                            where are the cowboys headed?
                            This mentality about nobody can stop our O is a false one!
                            just ask the d chargers who ran the ball 44 times !
                            come the play-offs it wont be about PFM, his A game or B game. it will be about running the ball and stopping the run and being sound in all 3 phases of football !
                            all these fans who think we can ride PFMs coat-tails to the victory podium in february are delusional.
                            it takes a TEAM to win a SB, just ask JFE.
                            His first sentence will include the name terrel davis.
                            When the O is on, they are the best in the league.

When the D is on, they are middling at best, but that would be enough if the offense is clicking.

Get lucky and throw in a ST return to the house, and it would be very diffcult to beat us. And of course, all these would actually have to happen, but all of this discussion is theoretical anyway.

Comment

The SB looks like Seattle's to lose.

Comment

Working...
                              X