Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which players would you be willing to see the Broncos place a first round bid on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which players would you be willing to see the Broncos place a first round bid on?

There is a lot of speculation that with the uncertainty surrounding the 2020 NCAA football season, more players may declare for the supplemental draft this summer. Here are the players I wouldn’t mind seeing Denver place a first round bid on if they declare.

Alex Leatherwood. Would bring some serious competition to Bolles for the starting left Tackle position and might even beat him out.

Dylan Moses. Could greatly boost our LB corps.

Besides Leatherwood, I'd also add Walker Little, OT from Stanford. A potential top-10 pick, where the Broncos certainly don't plan to be. It's an interesting idea as you might get a player you would not get in the regular draft next year and start coaching him earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
      Besides Leatherwood, I'd also add Walker Little, OT from Stanford. A potential top-10 pick, where the Broncos certainly don't plan to be. It's an interesting idea as you might get a player you would not get in the regular draft next year and start coaching him earlier.
      With the California shutting down schools for the fall, we may see a lot of Players from that region either transfer or enter via the supplemental draft.

Comment

Based upon this report (https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nfl...182951068.html) it appears the NFL isn't going to let the top college stars jump in unless they can prove hardship. Feels like they are making sure the NCAA is taking care of.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
          Based upon this report (https://sports.yahoo.com/sources-nfl...182951068.html) it appears the NFL isn't going to let the top college stars jump in unless they can prove hardship. Feels like they are making sure the NCAA is taking care of.
          The question is, "If my school is shutting their doors and therefore I lose out on my opportunity to prepare and demonstrate my skillset for my potential future employer, is that a hardship?"

I can't imagine the NFL would not allow players that are draft eligible (currently 3 years removed from HS) to enter the supplemental draft. The bigger question is, will they grant hardship to players that are currently 2 years removed from HS but will not be allowed to compete in the fall season to enter into the supplemental draft? Seems like that could bring on some serious labor suits. But, like the article said... The NFL could cancel the supplemental draft altogether to avoid that situation.

It does represent a serious competition issue for the NFL. Imagine if they did have to allow players 2 years removed to enter the supplemental due to hardship. You're talking some SERIOUS talent that would be available. Trevor Lawrence, Sewell, Jamaar Chase, Fields, Parsons just to name a few. Teams like the Bengals, Redskins, Lions and Giants would have a huge advantage with their draft position.
          Last edited by Broncoman13; 05-20-2020, 06:38 AM.

Comment

No to Walker Little. Season-ending injury and Tony Pauline reported a few days ago that most don't even believe he would be healthy enough to play right away this year in college. Overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoman13 View Post

The question is, "If my school is shutting their doors and therefore I lose out on my opportunity to prepare and demonstrate my skillset for my potential future employer, is that a hardship?"

I can't imagine the NFL would not allow players that are draft eligible (currently 3 years removed from HS) to enter the supplemental draft. The bigger question is, will they grant hardship to players that are currently 2 years removed from HS but will not be allowed to compete in the fall season to enter into the supplemental draft? Seems like that could bring on some serious labor suits. But, like the article said... The NFL could cancel the supplemental draft altogether to avoid that situation.

It does represent a serious competition issue for the NFL. Imagine if they did have to allow players 2 years removed to enter the supplemental due to hardship. You're talking some SERIOUS talent that would be available. Trevor Lawrence, Sewell, Jamaar Chase, Fields, Parsons just to name a few. Teams like the Bengals, Redskins, Lions and Giants would have a huge advantage with their draft position.
              Yeah, I could see the NFL completely cancelling the supplemental draft for 2020 to avoid potential lawsuits all together. The last thing the NFL wants is a lawsuit that potentially challenges the legality of the arbitrary rules they have established for draft eligibility.

Still, fun to dream. Alex Leatherwood being in the mix for our starting LT would solve a lot of problems for the 2020 season.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                No to Walker Little. Season-ending injury and Tony Pauline reported a few days ago that most don't even believe he would be healthy enough to play right away this year in college. Overrated.
                Definitely not overrated but the injury concerns are valid.

Leatherwood, would definitely be at the top of my list if he came out. He's the Bama OL I wanted had he declared for the 2020 draft.

Comment

I think he is overrated.

Comment

I think he is overrated.
                    Didn't you also think drafting Ronald Jones in the 1st round was a good idea?

Comment

you can shut down a College and still play college football to say any different is silly! They will play and there will be fewer people in the stands

Comment

Originally posted by ~Crash~ View Post
                        you can shut down a College and still play college football to say any different is silly! They will play and there will be fewer people in the stands
                        But they'll miss class!

Comment

Wouldn’t make a 1st round bid on anyone.

Comment

I think he is overrated.
                            I concur.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                              Didn't you also think drafting Ronald Jones in the 1st round was a good idea?
                              We have all had our fair share of draft misses. I thought that Jones had the explosiveness and potential of a young Clinton Portis. That is the vibe I got off of his tape. Had him rated very highly. Jones' first year was historically terrible, but he looked solid last year. Vaughn will be there for competition for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X