NFL 2020 Supplemental draft could become interesting due to COVID-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL 2020 Supplemental draft could become interesting due to COVID-19

I've seen a few articles already discussing this possibility. Normally, the supplemental draft is a distant after thought to most fans and NFL executives. About every 5 years, there is a notable exception. But for the most part its not something that elicits a lot of attention from even hardcore fans.

That could all change for the 2020 season. It is still far too early to know for certain, but the possibility of a shortened or cancelled College football season is currently looming over the NCAA. If that were to be the case, the NFL commissioner may make an allowance for several 3 year players that had planned on returning for their senior years. We could see a supplemental draft that comes close to rivaling the talent available in a conventional draft. It would likely also cannibalize the 2021 NFL draft and leave it as one of the weaker drafts this decade.

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
    I've seen a few articles already discussing this possibility. Normally, the supplemental draft is a distant after thought to most fans and NFL executives. About every 5 years, there is a notable exception. But for the most part its not something that elicits a lot of attention from even hardcore fans.

That could all change for the 2020 season. It is still far too early to know for certain, but the possibility of a shortened or cancelled College football season is currently looming over the NCAA. If that were to be the case, the NFL commissioner may make an allowance for several 3 year players that had planned on returning for their senior years. We could see a supplemental draft that comes close to rivaling the talent available in a conventional draft. It would likely also cannibalize the 2021 NFL draft and leave it as one of the weaker drafts this decade.
    I really hope that doesn’t happen, but maybe we can actually get an OT this time...

Comment

Working...
    X