Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 season: No stadium alcohol, no fans over 70?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 season: No stadium alcohol, no fans over 70?

Peter King surmises in his Monday 5/4 Football Morning in America column...

The Fans

I could see the NFL, if and when fans are allowed to come to games, advising anyone over 70 to not come. I could see alcohol being banned at games for the year. (Meaning, theoretically, fewer trips to crowded rest rooms through crowded concourses by patrons.) With three teams in California, and Gov. Gavin Newsom having a hair-trigger about anything that draws a crowd, the NFL may have to determine if it’s willing to play games with fans in Tampa Bay, and games with no fans in California, for most of all of the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Alcohol banned? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
      Peter King surmises in his Monday 5/4 Football Morning in America column...

The Fans

I could see the NFL, if and when fans are allowed to come to games, advising anyone over 70 to not come. I could see alcohol being banned at games for the year. (Meaning, theoretically, fewer trips to crowded rest rooms through crowded concourses by patrons.) With three teams in California, and Gov. Gavin Newsom having a hair-trigger about anything that draws a crowd, the NFL may have to determine if it’s willing to play games with fans in Tampa Bay, and games with no fans in California, for most of all of the season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/
      People have to piss all the time when not consuming alcohol...water, soda...it all makes me piss! What about food? Just as many, if not more people buying food on the concourse as opposed to alcohol.

A decision needs to be made...either allow everyone or no one. It is out of our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
        Alcohol banned? lol
        Won't stop anybody from gettin' boozed up before entering the stadium. Been there, done that.

(Preparation for watching Tebow and Hanie sling balls in the dirt like a baseball game!)

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Won't stop anybody from gettin' boozed up before entering the stadium. Been there, done that.

(Preparation for watching Tebow and Hanie sling balls in the dirt like a baseball game!)
          Man that was my first Broncos game, and only ever trip to Denver.

The last two minutes of that game then OT was the most into a live sporting event I’ve ever been. Think I legit lost my mind for about 20 minutes there from the moment Barber ran out of bounds!

Comment

Or from sneaking in drinks lol

Comment

Originally posted by The Joker View Post

Man that was my first Broncos game, and only ever trip to Denver.

The last two minutes of that game then OT was the most into a live sporting event I’ve ever been. Think I legit lost my mind for about 20 minutes there from the moment Barber ran out of bounds!
              Was absolutely awesome. Somehow, after the game, I ended up running into some forum members (other forum) I was pregaming with before. It was meant to be!

Comment

Anybody over age 70 in here? Luigi?

Comment

Bathrooms will be closed. Face masks and adult diapers.

Comment

Was absolutely awesome. Somehow, after the game, I ended up running into some forum members (other forum) I was pregaming with before. It was meant to be!
                    I wandered onto completely the wrong bus in a post game daze.

Went in completely the wrong direction for about 40 minutes before the poor couple my friend and I were waffling to realized we were supposed to go back into the city.

Good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
                      Anybody over age 70 in here? Luigi?
                      65. I would accept it as a "suggestion" and not let it deter me from a live game given the opportunity. I plan to go to the vegas game this season !
                      Look forward to seeing you all there !

Comment

Originally posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post
                        Bathrooms will be closed. Face masks and adult diapers.
                        thank you for not following this up with a "luigi ? "

Comment

no alcohol?
                          How are we expected to disinfect ?

Comment

In California, if they only let Chargers fans into the stadium there will be plenty of room for social distancing.

Comment

We're still many months away. If there are proven therapeutics by then, it could be a whole different story. Right now they have something that shortens the life of the virus, but I just don't know if it lessens the severity of it. That's what they need, something that will make it less severe. If they get that, then I can totally see them allowing fans in like normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X