Broncos decline Bolles’ fifth year option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos decline Bolles’ fifth year option

There it is. 2021 could be a blank slate at tackle.

Good. More pressure on him to perform for either Denver or his next team.

Comment

Yeah saw that coming, the O-Line crowd can worry the next 12 months on what the Broncos will do.

Comment

Only issue now is, how do you set up the LT situation in 2021? Do you go draft or do you trade for a LT mid season?

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
          Only issue now is, how do you set up the LT situation in 2021? Do you go draft or do you trade for a LT mid season?
          Yes.

Comment

Maybe.

Comment

Or Villanueva in FA.

Comment

I don't like Bolles but I think this is dumb. Didn't draft anybody, no succession plan, and a big question mark at RT as well. And you know what will happen: Bolles will play well enough this year that they'll want him back, but he'll command more as a FA than the option would have paid him. Dumb.

Comment

Ha. Good. Elway hasn’t lost is mind. Just cut this bum and get Beachum.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	719
Size:	1.35 MB
ID:	2622305

Comment

Yay! Who needs a LT anyway?!? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        I don't like Bolles but I think this is dumb. Didn't draft anybody, no succession plan, and a big question mark at RT as well. And you know what will happen: Bolles will play well enough this year that they'll want him back, but he'll command more as a FA than the option would have paid him. Dumb.
                        No point in picking up the option. If he balls out then you can just extend him later on. The option will be about the same as a long term extension per year anyway.

More importantly, if he gets hurt, you eat that entire option.
                        This gives the team the ability to have a full on clean slate at OT in 2021 and if things go really well this year, I'd imagine they will trade for a LT and sign or draft a RT in 2021 should James crap the bed via injury again.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                          I almost get the feeling that John would rather motivate him this way and hope to pay him more than if they took it. He already said something about having Wilkenson or whatever his name is compete for the job so it could be a last strike type move to get him to do what he needs as motivation or they really don't think he is going to ever be a starting LT and happy to be rid of him after this year.

It is odd they have no plan in place to replace him, and James for that matter but maybe there is still a trade out there they pull off. We can only sit and wait, like everything else these days.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                            Ha. Good. Elway hasn’t lost is mind. Just cut this bum and get Beachum.
                            The fact that we're supposed to believe that Wilkinson will compete for the job suggests that if Elway didn't lose his mind, somebody else certainly did. Let's hope that's BS and they plan to sign somebody.

Comment

No point in picking up the option. If he balls out then you can just extend him later on. The option will be about the same as a long term extension per year anyway.

More importantly, if he gets hurt, you eat that entire option.
                              This gives the team the ability to have a full on clean slate at OT in 2021 and if things go really well this year, I'd imagine they will trade for a LT and sign or draft a RT in 2021 should James crap the bed via injury again.
                              Yeah, but if it was that easy to get quality OT's we wouldn't have endured all of the messes we've had at the position over the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                              X