This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignore Function

GreatBronco16 discovered what appears to be a workaround to be able to utilize the ignore feature that hasn't worked in awhile. Here is how he explains it:

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
    I think I have the fix for the ignore list. Now this is just how I got it to work for me so no promises. It appears that the first two names that show up on your ignore list will not be ignored, but any name after them will be ignored. So my fix was to look at the member list for names of people who registered back in the early 2000's but never posted and start adding them until you get two of them to be the first two names in your ignore list. I used -fuzzy- and -DS49- Those two jumped to the front of my list and now everyone past them in the list don't show up in threads anymore. You will still see their name as the last poster who made a post, but when you open the thread, they will be nowhere to be found and you won't see any threads made by them either.
    I know a lot of you have asked about this. Hopefully, the workaround works for you.

Thanks! It is sad that we need it at all.

Comment

Who’s the most ignored poster?

Comment

Hey thanks Dom. I hate that I have a few people on it, but I'm glad I was able to possibly figure out how to get it to work for everyone. My next attempt will be to remove a name that I want ignored, then add it back and see if it still works.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
          Gotta be Chef Luigi or Wolf.

Comment

ignore is so weak.. just deal with the person or skim past them.

Comment

Originally posted by MamaMia View Post
              Yep. Been on forums since the late 1990’s and never ignored anyone through the software, just see the poster and scroll past.

Comment

Oh my God, I think it worked! It's glorious! No more CHEF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GreatBronco16 View Post
                  Hey thanks Dom. I hate that I have a few people on it, but I'm glad I was able to possibly figure out how to get it to work for everyone. My next attempt will be to remove a name that I want ignored, then add it back and see if it still works.
                  Man, there's nothing to hate about doing that. It saves a lot of grief. And if used correctly, it saves some posters bans. I'm glad you figured it out!

Comment

Good timing since the cdc adjusted the corona death toll to 37k which is about 40k less than the flu last year. I’m about to celebrate another OABB victory and pussies usually can’t handle my sore winning. So please use it on me, I’m about to get nasty

Comment

Ignore takes the skimming out of it.

Comment

When was the last time your every post was stalked?

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
                          Good timing since the cdc adjusted the corona death toll to 37k which is about 40k less than the flu last year. I’m about to celebrate another OABB victory and pussies usually can’t handle my sore winning. So please use it on me, I’m about to get nasty
                          Lol, they didn't do any such thing.

Comment

Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

When was the last time your every post was stalked?
                            Has already happened to me with this LA fan guy. I added him to ignore but he is still stalking my posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                              Chef? LA Bronco Fan?

Comment

Working...
                              X