Roster changes this offseason

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roster changes this offseason

After the San Diego loss, i've been thinking about where this roster is at talent wise and what areas of improvement the Broncos need to focus on with personnel. I wanted to throw this thread out there to see where everybody thinks our biggest weaknesses are, what needs are priority in FA & the draft and predictions on who Elway will be looking at this offseason?

Keep in mind, here are our free agents in 2014, 2015. Good to keep an eye on that heading into the draft.

Eric Decker - WR ($1.5M cap number in 2013)
    Andre Caldwell - WR ($.9M)
    Zane Beadles - OG ($1M)
    Chris Kuper - OG ($2M)
    Winston Justic - OT ($1M)
    Dan Koppen - C ($1M)
    JD Walton - C ($1.3M)
    Shaun Phillips - DE ($1.4M)
    Robert Ayers - DE ($2.2M)
    Mitch Unrein - DT ($.5M)
    Wesley Woodyard - LB ($3.2M)
    Stewart Bradley - LB ($1.2M)
    Paris Lenon - LB ($1.5M)
    Dominique Rogers Cromartie - CB ($2.9M)
    Chris Harris - CB - Restricted FA ($.5M)
    Quinton Jammer - CB ($1.5M)
    Tony Carter - S - Restricted FA (Does anybody care... lol)
    Duke Ihenacho - S - Exclusive Rights FA ($.5M)
    Mike Adams - S ($2M)
    Trindon Holliday - KR/WR - Exclusive Rights FA ($.5M)

Knowshon Moreno - HB (has void in his contract where it could expire 2014/Slated to make $3.2M in 13', option jumps to $5M in 14'.)
    Demaryius Thomas - WR ($3.2M)
    Wes Welker - WR ($6M, $3M base, $3M roster bonus in 14')
    Julius Thomas - TE ($.6M)
    Jacob Tamme - TE ($3.3M)
    Virgil Green - TE ($.6M)
    Joel Dreesen - TE ($3.3M - most overpaid guy who never plays?)
    Orlando Franklin - OT ($1M)
    Terrence Knighton - DT ($3.2M)
    Kevin Vickerson - DT ($3M)
    Von Miller - LB ($3.2M)
    Nate Irving - MLB ($.6M)
    Rahim Moore - S ($1M)
    Champ Bailey - CB ($10M in 13', $9M in 14', dude's gonna get cut this offseason)

BTW, we have a gang load of core FA's coming up within the next two years. I expect Elway will try to extend them early, probably by this offseason.
    Last edited by bpc; 12-14-2013, 09:13 PM.

In order of priority:

1. DRC
    2. Chris Harris
    3. Woodyard's
    4. Decker
    5. Phillips
    6. Holliday
    Replace the rest

1. Von Miller ( assuming he's returned to form and kept out of trouble)
    1b. DT
    2. Julius Thomas
    3. Knighton
    4. Franklin
    5. Moore
    6. Welker
    7. Vickerson
    8. Virgil Green

The rest can sign cheap or walk.

Comment

I didn't realize the season ended with that loss to San Diego? Is that why people are so stressed out and acting like we are heading into the off season?

Comment

Originally posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
        I didn't realize the season ended with that loss to San Diego? Is that why people are so stressed out and acting like we are heading into the off season?
        To some of the clowns on here it did.

Amazing how our 3rd loss of the season has spawned the chicken littles who now wanna fire the coaches, get rid of most of the players, and bring back old coaches who haven't won crap since Elway hung them up.

Comment

I am pretty sure the "void" in Moreno's contract is the team option. It is up to us whether or not we want to pick that up. Based on his play this year, he is worth that amount. I agree with Bowtown's post -- but would like to see Beadles stick around on a decent contract unless we end up going for Richardson or Yankey early in the draft to replace him. Everyone else can GTFO. This team needs to draft a CB, LB and S very early. I would also get another pass rusher as well.

Every level of the defense, every position, can be upgraded. Offense is fine for the most part. Add another weapon who can make plays, probably at WR since we have guys in contract years coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by bowtown View Post
            In order of priority:

1. DRC
            2. Chris Harris
            3. Woodyard's
            4. Decker
            5. Phillips
            6. Holliday
            Replace the rest

1. Von Miller ( assuming he's returned to form and kept out of trouble)
            1b. DT
            2. Julius Thomas
            3. Knighton
            4. Franklin
            5. Moore
            6. Welker
            7. Vickerson
            8. Virgil Green

The rest can sign cheap or walk.
            Decker over woodyard imo.

2015 is gonna be rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
              Decker over woodyard imo.

2015 is gonna be rough.
              We'll have two more drafts to fill the holes on the one's we can't re-sign.

Comment

It never hurts to always a eye on the future. I like to talk about needs and draft ETC. Maybe its from all them years of playing madden... most likely

I know I haven't given up on this season and like to talk about the draft. I don't get the hate that people bring when they talk about the draft and what not

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                  I am pretty sure the "void" in Moreno's contract is the team option. It is up to us whether or not we want to pick that up. Based on his play this year, he is worth that amount. I agree with Bowtown's post -- but would like to see Beadles stick around on a decent contract unless we end up going for Richardson or Yankey early in the draft to replace him. Everyone else can GTFO. This team needs to draft a CB, LB and S very early. I would also get another pass rusher as well.

Every level of the defense, every position, can be upgraded. Offense is fine for the most part. Add another weapon who can make plays, probably at WR since we have guys in contract years coming up.
                  De'anthony Thomas is interesting. it would add a wrinkle to this offense.

I'd Also put a little emphasis in finding a guy that can return kicks as well.

Comment

By the manes reaction you would think it

I guarantee this thread wouldn't exist had we won

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                      De'anthony Thomas is interesting. it would add a wrinkle to this offense.

I'd Also put a little emphasis in finding a guy that can return kicks as well.
                      I was surprised to read that he's projected somewhere around early 3rd round. The guy is incredibly explosive, and versatile. Not sure why he is valued so much less than tavon austin was

Comment

Interesting thought... what do y'all think about moving painter inside to a guard position. I think its definitely worth a look. I was reading somewhere a decent number of Tackles in college are now guards.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos_OTM View Post
                          It never hurts to always a eye on the future. I like to talk about needs and draft ETC. Maybe its from all them years of playing madden... most likely

I know I haven't given up on this season and like to talk about the draft. I don't get the hate that people bring when they talk about the draft and what not
                          Yeah, but not like this. The first "mocks" always start now, but not the here is who we need to replace threads. That usually comes when the season ends. Talk these past few days are like our season is over. It's crazy.

Comment

Yeah, but not like this. The first "mocks" always start now, but not the here is who we need to replace threads. That usually comes when the season ends. Talk these past few days are like our season is over. It's crazy.
                            It is over, man. There's no hope. The defense can't stop anyone. The offense is inconsistent. The Patriots, Bengals, Colts, Chiefs, and Ravens are each better all around teams, and none of them has a choke artist quarterback in the playoffs like we do. Might as well just give up now so we can hope to be better next year. What guys are projected to go around pick #26 in round 1?

Comment

This place has a ton of Bi-Polar posters.. Read a game day thread and then a couple days later you'll see the same guys who were all doom calling out others... its pretty crazy. Not talking about you.

Comment

Working...
                              X