Von Miller is basically playing for free this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller is basically playing for free this season

Von Miller fined. Come on, NFL. Let Von Miller eat.

By the time this season is finished, the Broncos' pass-rushing linebacker will have all but played for free.

He was supposed to make $2,284,125. His six-game suspension by the NFL cost him $806,161 in salary. There's also the possibility he pays the Broncos back $1.215 million in signing bonus for his transgression.

And now the league has fined Miller $25,000 for his roughing the passer penalty on Tennessee quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick last Sunday. That's $2,046,161 in penalties, leaving Miller to play on a $237,964. Before taxes.

Read more: Broncos' Kayvon Webster to miss 1 game after surgery; Von Miller fined - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2nP07fhMX
    Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
    Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
    Last edited by crush17; 12-13-2013, 03:59 PM.

VON SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT BEFORE HE GOT ALL SNUGGY WITH THE BONG!!!!

Comment

Don't care.

Comment

you can see it in his effort out there, dude looks like he wants the season over... no fire

Comment

These guys make more money from endorsements anyway.

Comment

Poor muthafuggar try living on 40-50,000 a yr

Comment

Originally posted by oubronco View Post
              Poor muthafuggar try living on 40-50,000 a yr
              I would be rich!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
                you can see it in his effort out there, dude looks like he wants the season over... no fire
                Von always picked and chose his spots as a pash rusher. Even last year you could see him give way more effort, and be way more successful, on his pass rushes in the 4th quarter.

This year it looks like he's out of gas. Putting 15 pounds on a speed rusher and telling him to stop doing yoga is just retarded. Just makes him slower and less flexible.

Comment

Von is saving his best for the playoffs...

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                    Von is saving his best for the playoffs...
                    i'm saving my best for the deuce i'm going to drop in a half hour

Comment

Less moolah for molly

Comment

I wish I had to suffer making $237,964 before taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by wolf754life View Post
                          Bull****

Comment

Originally posted by Sly_Eli View Post
                            Von always picked and chose his spots as a pash rusher. Even last year you could see him give way more effort, and be way more successful, on his pass rushes in the 4th quarter.

This year it looks like he's out of gas. Putting 15 pounds on a speed rusher and telling him to stop doing yoga is just retarded. Just makes him slower and less flexible.
                            I def agree he needs to lose the weight. Dumb idea to begin with. Questioning his effort is complete conjecture

Comment

Do they get to write off their fines on their taxes? Is that considered a work expense?

Comment

Working...
                              X