Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1 seed, 2 seed or 5 seed it doesn't matter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 seed, 2 seed or 5 seed it doesn't matter.

As I watched that game last night I finally can come to the reality and admit that there is no way that this team will do much in the post season with that defense. The pass rush has been an issue all F$&KING year now the run D is just as bad. Denver is in the last 3rd of the season where talent not schemes matter and it shows. I can't think of the last time a team was so great on one side and so bad on the other won the whole thing. Add all that in with the secondary that can't play without getting mutiple flags for PI and Illegal contact, the jumping offsides, punt returners that fair catch balls on the 4 yd line (if they don't fumble), turnovers, etc. It would take flawless offense and this team would have to score near 50 pts ppg in the playoffs to overcome the shortcomings. If my old account didn't get deleted I would bump a thread that warned eveyone that injuries and turnovers could deplete this team and derail it. I sure hope I am wrong but I don't see more than 2 playoff games for this team.

Thank you for creating ANOTHER thread about it.

We didn't have enough already.

Comment

You see 1 more playoff game than I do. The last time a team was dominate on only one side of the ball and won it all was the Ravens. A good defense beats a good offense in the playoffs every time.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
        Thank you for creating ANOTHER thread about it.

We didn't have enough already.
        This is why I enjoy this board. People thank you for your efforts, and research the topic to notify you that this board was lacking a sufficient venue for similar discussion.

Allow me to pay it forward: thank you, Crush17.

Comment

We played a game in a playoff atmosphere on the the road is Arrowhead- as much **** as we give the tards from KC, that team is pretty darn good... and we won.

What we need to do is get organized, mentally tough and jacked up for the the rest of the season.. I think we were coasting bit last night, like it was "owed to us"...

I don't think we'll coast come Janurary- if we do, the good teams will take us out.

Comment

The team has that 1997 Feel weaknesses shown at the end of the Schedule. With key losses to Pitt and the 49ers everyone had doubts on Super Bowl aspirations this took the spot light off the team maybe we need this in some strange way.

Comment

Originally posted by Paniero View Post
              This is why I enjoy this board. People thank you for your efforts, and research the topic to notify you that this board was lacking a sufficient venue for similar discussion.

Allow me to pay it forward: thank you, Crush17.
              Cool story PanieBRO!

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                You see 1 more playoff game than I do. The last time a team was dominate on only one side of the ball and won it all was the Ravens. A good defense beats a good offense in the playoffs every time.
                I'm saying at best. The 06 Colts were lopsided but they got healthy for the playoffs. No way does Denver win a Superbowl starting players like Unrein, Lenon, Webster, Boldin, NACHO, Sly. The D is very similar to Shanny's last year here. Add to that the dropoff in PI Harris and Von isn't the same player either. No team can survive the injuries that Denver has on D except the Packers a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Punisher View Post
                  The team has that 1997 Feel weaknesses shown at the end of the Schedule. With key losses to Pitt and the 49ers everyone had doubts on Super Bowl aspirations this took the spot light off the team maybe we need this in some strange way.
                  This team reminds me of the 10-12 win teams we had during the Shanny/Plummer/Portis days. Really pretty on paper, nice stats, but we all knew we were getting owned in the playoffs. At this point, I would be happier with a few more losses and a feeling that this team gets "it." Right now, I don't see any leadership from anyone and we are chasing regular season records. We need to be able to win ugly, close playoff type games. We play soft. I'm not seeing it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by edog24 View Post
                    This team reminds me of the 10-12 win teams we had during the Shanny/Plummer/Portis days. Really pretty on paper, nice stats, but we all knew we were getting owned in the playoffs. At this point, I would be happier with a few more losses and a feeling that this team gets "it." Right now, I don't see any leadership from anyone and we are chasing regular season records. We need to be able to win ugly, close playoff type games. We play soft. I'm not seeing it right now.
                    Let's not get too crazy here. We have a QB and offense capable of beating any team in the league if they play their best ball and limit mistakes.

We haven't had that since 1998.

Comment

**** YOU AND YOUR **** HOLE THREAD.

Comment

At least everyone with this opinion is going on the record with their very own super special thread every time. Whatever helps you brace against possible disappointment. Look forward to bumping these in 5 or 6 weeks.

Comment

I actually agree with the 1, 2, 5 seed take. When this offense is firing on all cylinders we're capable of hanging 40 + on any team in the league regardless of stadium.

When it's not, the defense isn't going to step up and make plays, so we're capable of losing to any playoff team that can take advantage of our fundamentally unsound play, poor coaching and stupid players in those two phases (special teams and defense).

Good news is that every team in the AFC is flawed in some way. But yeah, unless the defense can at the very least, stop with the mental mistakes and just go back to being below average, a playoff run is going to be tricky.
                          Last edited by razorwire77; 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM.

Comment

We will win the Superbowl. One seven point loss to a division rival after three days of rest does not the the 2008 Lions maketh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kid A View Post
                              At least everyone with this opinion is going on the record with their very own super special thread every time. Whatever helps you brace against possible disappointment. Look forward to bumping these in 5 or 6 weeks.
                              This gives me a thread idea. BRB.

Comment

Working...
                              X