No announcement yet.

Tiger King on Netflix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of the people in this documentary are KC Chiefs fans...

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
        I’m on the side that says she feed his ass to the lions, too much effort involved to bury him under the septic tank.
        Either that, or he was fed to the fishes.

Comment

I made it halfway through episode 3 before I gave up on it. I found it stupid and boring

Comment

I knew that it was definitely trash TV but I am getting tired of it. I just watched episode 3.

On the other hand, I just started The Plot Against America on HBO and it's been great so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
              I knew that it was definitely trash TV but I am getting tired of it. I just watched episode 3.

On the other hand, I just started The Plot Against America on HBO and it's been great so far!
              Yes it is. Any David Simon show is appointment viewing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                Yes it is. Any David Simon show is appointment viewing for me.
                The Wire is quite possible my favorite show of all time. Haven't had the chance to watch his other stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

Either that, or he was fed to the fishes.

That’s the part where I wished they gave more detail. How did that guy make all that money? Why was he traveling to South American once a month? On one hand it seems like she may have killed him, on the other it seems like he was pretty shady, but we don’t really know much about him.

Comment

So here’s some hilarity.

a good friend of mine who owns an Ag company(Tanimura&Antle) is 1st cousins with Doc Antle. He’s been out here for their huge parties with some of those tigers.

Comment

I couldn't even get through the first episode

Comment

Originally posted by manchambo View Post

That’s the part where I wished they gave more detail. How did that guy make all that money? Why was he traveling to South American once a month? On one hand it seems like she may have killed him, on the other it seems like he was pretty shady, but we don’t really know much about him.
                        Here's a link to a story from St. Petersburg in 9/97, about a month after Lewis disappeared: https://www.bcrwatch.com/millionaire...y-friends.html

He started as a trucker, then a tanker, while repairing and reselling used washing machines. He invested in used cars, reselling them for profit at auctions. He made his big money in real estate, buying bad mortgages from lenders, then allowing homeowners to remain if they paid 18% interest. If they made six payments on time, he would sell the mortgage; otherwise he would foreclose. He did have a reputation for being ruthless in that business. He was a millionaire well before he invested in the cats.

Comment

Originally posted by mray77 View Post
                          I couldn't even get through the first episode
                          You might like “The Ranch” it’s a feel-good sitcom with canned laughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post

You might like “The Ranch” it’s a feel-good sitcom with canned laughter.
                            Already watched that one. Very enjoyable.

Comment

Just watch Castlevania or The Witcher instead.

But if you have to do murder mystery doc, the Staircase is phenomenal. Don't spend your last days on earth watching that trash.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

Here's a link to a story from St. Petersburg in 9/97, about a month after Lewis disappeared: https://www.bcrwatch.com/millionaire...y-friends.html

He started as a trucker, then a tanker, while repairing and reselling used washing machines. He invested in used cars, reselling them for profit at auctions. He made his big money in real estate, buying bad mortgages from lenders, then allowing homeowners to remain if they paid 18% interest. If they made six payments on time, he would sell the mortgage; otherwise he would foreclose. He did have a reputation for being ruthless in that business. He was a millionaire well before he invested in the cats.
                                As someone who does real estate you have to be "Ruthless". I actually think that evicting people when they start to get behind is probably doing them a favor. If they can't pay last months rent how are they going to pay 2 months rent combined. In the beginning I would always try and work with people, ultimately it just became me evicting them anyway just deeper in debt. Now once someone gets more than 30+ behind we start the process. Just an FYI- He was selling the mortgages after someone made 6 on time payments because the value of those mortgages went much higher. Not because he hated on time payments.

Comment

Working...
                                X