Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broncos_Fan_1976
    replied
    Here is the entire breakdown for NFL tie breaking. It can drive you a serious headache, if you let. IMHO

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

Ron

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
    There isnt a 5 way tie without all playing each other. Most possible is 4 b/c the divisional tiebreaks happen first.
    In that case Indianapolis still gets the #1 seed in a four way tie, after KC is moved to the wild card.

Leave a comment:

• wolf754life
    replied
    someone is talking about a 3 way, count me and my wife in, as long its another chick

Leave a comment:

• Zealot
    replied
    Originally posted by Arkie View Post
    Indianapolis gets the #1 seed in a 5 way tie at 11-5.
    There isnt a 5 way tie without all playing each other. Most possible is 4 b/c the divisional tiebreaks happen first.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    Indianapolis gets the #1 seed in a 5 way tie at 11-5.

Leave a comment:

• Arkie
    replied
    New England gets #1 if there is a three way tie at 13-3. Cincinnati gets the #1 if there is a four way tie at 12-4.

Leave a comment:

• Jetmeck
    replied
    Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
    wake me up when KC beats any team with a winning record.
    Our team isn't much better.........and if they don't pull their head out
    we will be one and done again...............

Leave a comment:

• CHEF LUIGI
    replied
    wake me up when KC beats any team with a winning record.

Leave a comment:

• 55CrushEm
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
    I'm not actually sure how a KC/NE tiebreaker would shake out.

If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.
    Well, at this point, NE owns it based on conference record......NE only has 2 losses in the conference (1 was to Carolina).....all 3 of KCs losses are in the conference, 2 to us and 1 to Sandy Eggo.

Leave a comment:

• Eldorado
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.
    For that to happen, they both have to win out and we lose another. In that case, NE gets 1 seed based on conference record.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBeavis
    replied
    Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
    The only way for KC to get the #1 seed is to have an outright better record than NE and Den.

Leave a comment:

• broncocalijohn
    replied
    Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
    Question: Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

I heard that if there's a 3-way tie for the top spot with us, NE, and KC ... KC actually earns the 1 seed. Can anyone confirm this?
    and by the answer you have received, I can, with a 100% positive thinking, this topic was and never brought up in your scenario.

Beating KC was huge!

Leave a comment:

• Kaylore
    replied
    That's why the KC game was so huge. We own the tiebreaker. They had to beat us to keep it even. Of course according to Sheepstud it was our superbowl, so whatever.

Leave a comment:

• 55CrushEm
    replied
    Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
    only 4 minutes to solve this problem

nice work.
    So, for example.....let's say Den, NE and Indy all finished in a tie.

All 3 teams are from different divisions.

But the fact that we lost to both of them would be meaningless b/c ALL THREE teams didn't play each other (Indy didn't play NE).....so head to head is out the window. I.e. our 0-2 record vs. them doesn't hurt us from the head-to-head standpoint. Now if Indy DID play NE, then head-to-head is in play. We would be the first eliminated, because of our 0-2 record. If Indy beat NE....then they'd be 2-0 and NE would be 1-1, and so on.

However, since we didn't all play each other the first tie breaker would be conference record.

Leave a comment:

• Zealot
    replied
    Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
    When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

So first, you'd look at KC/Den.....we would win that.

Then you start over comparing Den/NE.....NE wins that.

If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.
    only 4 minutes to solve this problem

nice work.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X