Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If There's a 3-way tie

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If There's a 3-way tie

    Question: Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

    I heard that if there's a 3-way tie for the top spot with us, NE, and KC ... KC actually earns the 1 seed. Can anyone confirm this?

  • #2
    No, NE would earn top spot.

    Broncos have beaten KC twice, and NE beat the Broncos.

    Comment


    • #3
      Not sure but KC will not run the table to finish the season. SD will take them behind the woodshed.

      NE will also drop one against Baltimore or Miami.

      Comment


      • #4
        No

        http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

        Comment


        • #5
          When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

          So first, you'd look at KC/Den.....we would win that.

          Then you start over comparing Den/NE.....NE wins that.

          If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.

          Comment


          • #6
            OK good, cuz that would be the world's most annoying outcome.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
              When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

              So first, you'd look at KC/Den.....we would win that.

              Then you start over comparing Den/NE.....NE wins that.

              If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.
              cool, thanks for clarifying

              Comment


              • #8
                The only way for KC to get the #1 seed is to have an outright better record than NE and Den.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                  When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

                  So first, you'd look at KC/Den.....we would win that.

                  Then you start over comparing Den/NE.....NE wins that.

                  If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.
                  only 4 minutes to solve this problem

                  nice work.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                    only 4 minutes to solve this problem

                    nice work.
                    So, for example.....let's say Den, NE and Indy all finished in a tie.

                    All 3 teams are from different divisions.

                    But the fact that we lost to both of them would be meaningless b/c ALL THREE teams didn't play each other (Indy didn't play NE).....so head to head is out the window. I.e. our 0-2 record vs. them doesn't hurt us from the head-to-head standpoint. Now if Indy DID play NE, then head-to-head is in play. We would be the first eliminated, because of our 0-2 record. If Indy beat NE....then they'd be 2-0 and NE would be 1-1, and so on.

                    However, since we didn't all play each other the first tie breaker would be conference record.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      That's why the KC game was so huge. We own the tiebreaker. They had to beat us to keep it even. Of course according to Sheepstud it was our superbowl, so whatever.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                        Question: Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

                        I heard that if there's a 3-way tie for the top spot with us, NE, and KC ... KC actually earns the 1 seed. Can anyone confirm this?
                        and by the answer you have received, I can, with a 100% positive thinking, this topic was and never brought up in your scenario.

                        Beating KC was huge!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
                          The only way for KC to get the #1 seed is to have an outright better record than NE and Den.
                          I'm not actually sure how a KC/NE tiebreaker would shake out.

                          If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                            I'm not actually sure how a KC/NE tiebreaker would shake out.

                            If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.
                            For that to happen, they both have to win out and we lose another. In that case, NE gets 1 seed based on conference record.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
                              I'm not actually sure how a KC/NE tiebreaker would shake out.

                              If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.
                              Well, at this point, NE owns it based on conference record......NE only has 2 losses in the conference (1 was to Carolina).....all 3 of KCs losses are in the conference, 2 to us and 1 to Sandy Eggo.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X