If There's a 3-way tie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If There's a 3-way tie

Question: Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

I heard that if there's a 3-way tie for the top spot with us, NE, and KC ... KC actually earns the 1 seed. Can anyone confirm this?

No, NE would earn top spot.

Broncos have beaten KC twice, and NE beat the Broncos.

Comment

Not sure but KC will not run the table to finish the season. SD will take them behind the woodshed.

NE will also drop one against Baltimore or Miami.

Comment

No

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/machine

Comment

When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

So first, you'd look at KC/Den.....we would win that.

Then you start over comparing Den/NE.....NE wins that.

If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.

Comment

OK good, cuz that would be the world's most annoying outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
              When there is a 3-way tie......you first break ties for teams in the same division.

If the 3 teams are all of different divisions......head to head is meaningless UNLESS all 3 teams have played each other.
              cool, thanks for clarifying

Comment

The only way for KC to get the #1 seed is to have an outright better record than NE and Den.

Comment

only 4 minutes to solve this problem

nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll15Hyde View Post
                    only 4 minutes to solve this problem

nice work.
                    So, for example.....let's say Den, NE and Indy all finished in a tie.

All 3 teams are from different divisions.

But the fact that we lost to both of them would be meaningless b/c ALL THREE teams didn't play each other (Indy didn't play NE).....so head to head is out the window. I.e. our 0-2 record vs. them doesn't hurt us from the head-to-head standpoint. Now if Indy DID play NE, then head-to-head is in play. We would be the first eliminated, because of our 0-2 record. If Indy beat NE....then they'd be 2-0 and NE would be 1-1, and so on.

However, since we didn't all play each other the first tie breaker would be conference record.

Comment

That's why the KC game was so huge. We own the tiebreaker. They had to beat us to keep it even. Of course according to Sheepstud it was our superbowl, so whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                        Question: Sorry if this was mentioned elsewhere.

I heard that if there's a 3-way tie for the top spot with us, NE, and KC ... KC actually earns the 1 seed. Can anyone confirm this?
                        and by the answer you have received, I can, with a 100% positive thinking, this topic was and never brought up in your scenario.

Beating KC was huge!

Comment

The only way for KC to get the #1 seed is to have an outright better record than NE and Den.
                          I'm not actually sure how a KC/NE tiebreaker would shake out.

If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

If it comes to that, I'll probably have to take a OM vacation for awhile though.
                            For that to happen, they both have to win out and we lose another. In that case, NE gets 1 seed based on conference record.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Well, at this point, NE owns it based on conference record......NE only has 2 losses in the conference (1 was to Carolina).....all 3 of KCs losses are in the conference, 2 to us and 1 to Sandy Eggo.

Comment

Working...
                              X