Baltimore Ravens to make a run again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baltimore Ravens to make a run again?

As I start to look at what all the playoff contenders have done this season....I took a look at Baltimore.

They are 7-6, and except for the loss to us by a score of 47-29, their other 5 losses were only by 6, 3, 3, 3 and 2 points.

Furthermore, they are 6-1 at home (so this gives me hope that they'll beat the Pats next week).

Lastly, they are getting healthier....Jacoby Jones is healthy after spraining his knee vs. us, Pitta is back and Ngata is healthier (so I heard).

With Flacco seemingly always saving his best performances for the playoffs......am I the only one who thinks they could make waves again in the postseason?

I hope they win this week, so the Pats game will mean more to them.

Beyond that I'm not scared of them. In fact I'd like to get a crack at them in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
      ...am I the only one who thinks they could make waves again in the postseason?
      They have a tough road to get there. As one of the announcers mentioned last night, if they do get there they'll have earned it.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
        They have a tough road to get there. As one of the announcers mentioned last night, if they do get there they'll have earned it.
        True....

@ Detroit
        New England
        @ Cincy

There aren't too many situations where I root for the Ravens.....but next week will be one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

Beyond that I'm not scared of them. In fact I'd like to get a crack at them in the playoffs.
          Well I am glad you are not afraid of them, But my issue is that you will not be on the field if we meet them in the playoffs. I would pretty much think that you posted the same before yesterdays game or even in the playoff beating last year to the Ravens. Baltimore has proved they can beat us in the playoffs and in Denver. Denver has not addressed any of the issues we had last season getting beat by Flacco and company unless you consider both Champ and Moore are out nursing injured vagina's.

Comment

I think combined record is 23-13 so if Ravens make the playoffs, they well deserve it and got hot (again) at the right time.

Comment

Originally posted by 55CrushEm View Post
              True....

@ Detroit
              New England
              @ Cincy

There aren't too many situations where I root for the Ravens.....but next week will be one of them.
              Det is up and down
              NE they always play well against
              Cin is toughest game imo

Comment

I ran through the NFL playoff predictor on ESPN. I was surprised by what could happen. Baltimore, Miami & San Diego all locked up playoff football for the rest of the season. I like Baltimore to squeeze in. New England has to play both Miami & Baltimore on the road. I think they will drop one of those games, probably to Baltimore. Denver as long as we don't turtle like we've done historically down the stretch should win home field advantage. If we manage to lose to Houston or Oakland, we really suck.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                  Well I am glad you are not afraid of them, But my issue is that you will not be on the field if we meet them in the playoffs. I would pretty much think that you posted the same before yesterdays game or even in the playoff beating last year to the Ravens. Baltimore has proved they can beat us in the playoffs and in Denver. Denver has not addressed any of the issues we had last season getting beat by Flacco and company unless you consider both Champ and Moore are out nursing injured vagina's.
                  I'd much rather play Baltimore than Cincinnati or Kansas city. If we can't beat Baltimore this year in the playoffs at home, we don't deserve to go to the Super Bowl.

And anyone that's scared of them is a puss.

To me they're a lot less scary than an upstart young cincy that is far and away better than baltimore, or kc team that has already had 2 cracks at us and knows us very well.

Comment

Originally posted by OBF1 View Post
                    Well, we somehow got Anquan moved to San Fran. Thanks be to Elway. So there is that.

Comment

Originally posted by spdirty View Post

They would run all over our swiss cheese Defense

Comment

they can win in denver again, the broncos will struggle with any team in the playoff

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                          Elvis has been really good for them :/
                          FO really screwed the pooch. Not to say Magid and Dumervil don't deserve a lot of blame, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                            Elvis has been really good for them :/
                            Ehhh not really.

He isn't any better in Baltimore than he was in Denver last year. The team is better with him playing to compliment Suggs, but he hasn't done anything better in their scheme with their personnel.

I would actually say he's slightly less effective.
                            Last edited by BMORE; 12-13-2013, 04:27 PM.

Comment

They are 7-6, and except for the loss to us by a score of 47-29, their other 5 losses were only by 6, 3, 3, 3 and 2 points.
                              This is a good team, and it's a whole new season when the playoffs begin. Baltimore is a seasoned playoff team that's won playoff games in each of the last four seasons. I don't think any other team has done that.

Comment

Working...
                              X