Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos sign C/G Graham Glasgow (4 years, 44 million - 26 gtd.)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
    I like McGovern.... I hope they keep him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
      Good news! Nice to feel good about something for a change.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

        RG might have been the single biggest hole on offense.
        big yes but not as big as L & R T

        Comment


        • Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
          I think it was Barnwell who said it, and I kind of agree -- kinda don't. Obviously Glasgow is useful and a good player, but if the point of having Munchak is because he can get more out of less, there was probably better use of all this money (defense).

          I dunno, I keep going back and forth on it.
          He doesn't miss games, give up sacks, and isn't penalized and will be 28. Seems like a great addition to the o-line. You get him and Risner as your Guards? I'll take it. I still worry about our OTs.

          This Lions reporter LOVES Glasgow and thinks Lions management are a bunch of buffoons.

          Doug Warren | The Drive | 03.16.20

          Doug Warren, Lions Insider with the Spotlight Radio Network, joins the show to provide some insight on what Graham Glasgow will bring to the Denver Broncos.
          https://1043thefan.com/category/podc...Fan+Interviews

          Comment


          • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

            That's the wrong way to think about it. Just because you have a great coach doesn't mean you skimp on talent. That will land you in trouble in a hurry.
            Yup. This game is all about talent.

            All you have to do is picture yourself in the schoolyard and you're 1 of 2 captains picking your teams.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

              Yup. This game is all about talent.

              All you have to do is picture yourself in the schoolyard and you're 1 of 2 captains picking your teams.
              Depends on the context. But in most cases you take the most talented players.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post

                Good news! Nice to feel good about something for a change.
                Felt good for 3mins then the Jets signed him.

                Comment


                • Graham Glasgow, G, Denver Broncos


                  The deal: Four years, $44 million
                  Grade: C

                  I didn't see this sort of deal coming for Glasgow, who never made a huge impression on me up front for Detroit. It looks better on closer review, however. Stats LLC credited Glasgow with zero sacks allowed in 2019, and ESPN's pass block win rate metric assigned him just two sacks. Glasgow was 24th among guards in PBWR, and he missed only two games in four seasons in Detroit. The Lions were never a good run-blocking team with Glasgow in the lineup, as they ranked 20th twice and both 31st and 32nd in Football Outsiders' Adjusted Line Yards metrics, but we can't entirely pin that on Glasgow.

                  Broncos offensive line coach Mike Munchak is one of the best in the business, and given how much difficulty Denver has had fixing its offensive line in years past, Glasgow could be a solid regular for the team. One of the reasons you hire Munchak, though, is the hope that he'll help you develop competent guys out of draft picks at a fraction of this cost. Glasgow has the eighth-largest average annual salary of any guard in the league on a multiyear contract, suggesting that he needs to be a Pro Bowler or something close to it to justify this deal. The Broncos probably could have used this money more to help on the defensive side of the ball.

                  https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...g-signing-move

                  Comment


                  • Comment


                    • Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      Sounds white to me


                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        Graham Glasgow, G, Denver Broncos


                        The deal: Four years, $44 million
                        Grade: C

                        I didn't see this sort of deal coming for Glasgow, who never made a huge impression on me up front for Detroit. It looks better on closer review, however. Stats LLC credited Glasgow with zero sacks allowed in 2019, and ESPN's pass block win rate metric assigned him just two sacks. Glasgow was 24th among guards in PBWR, and he missed only two games in four seasons in Detroit. The Lions were never a good run-blocking team with Glasgow in the lineup, as they ranked 20th twice and both 31st and 32nd in Football Outsiders' Adjusted Line Yards metrics, but we can't entirely pin that on Glasgow.

                        Broncos offensive line coach Mike Munchak is one of the best in the business, and given how much difficulty Denver has had fixing its offensive line in years past, Glasgow could be a solid regular for the team. One of the reasons you hire Munchak, though, is the hope that he'll help you develop competent guys out of draft picks at a fraction of this cost. Glasgow has the eighth-largest average annual salary of any guard in the league on a multiyear contract, suggesting that he needs to be a Pro Bowler or something close to it to justify this deal. The Broncos probably could have used this money more to help on the defensive side of the ball.

                        https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...g-signing-move
                        Barnwell is notoriously awful at evaluating line play.

                        Comment


                        • Graham Glasgow Pass Block Win Rate 93%. Garrett Bolless 72%.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                            Barnwell is notoriously awful at evaluating line play.
                            Barnwell is a Bronco hater.

                            Comment


                            • Geez I wonder where this guy's ancestors were from

                              Comment


                              • Comment

                                Working...
                                X