Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos sign C/G Graham Glasgow (4 years, 44 million - 26 gtd.)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugged in Denver's moves today into OTC, and with Glasglow's structure similar to Saffold's last year (same years, overall value -- more guarantees), I have DEN @ roughly $31.5M in cap space, and that's with Wilkinson and the ERFA's tendered. That number doesn't include any savings they can get by cutting Flacco, which ends up basically being Denver's rookie pool allocation. It is what it is.

Simmons, Bouye, and Glasgow are solid gets. If they can pluck one of the top DL left and a mid-tier player, that's a solid haul, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

Why would you think that?
      I think it just means the Broncos are being realistic about the possibility that one of the top 4 OTs does not drop to them in the first round. This move will give them additional flexibility in the draft to pursue the best player.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
        Plugged in Denver's moves today into OTC, and with Glasglow's structure similar to Saffold's last year (same years, overall value -- more guarantees), I have DEN @ roughly $31.5M in cap space, and that's with Wilkinson and the ERFA's tendered. That number doesn't include any savings they can get by cutting Flacco, which ends up basically being Denver's rookie pool allocation. It is what it is.

Simmons, Bouye, and Glasgow are solid gets. If they can pluck one of the top DL left and a mid-tier player, that's a solid haul, IMHO.
        Reader and Amakumara

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Reader and Amakumara
          Hell yes! And I’ll take a Marcel Dareus or Vernon Butler in the second wave on a team friendly deal.

Comment

I think Elway should try to get B.J. Finney. He won't break the bank and did a good job filling in for Pouncey, not to mention that he was coached by Munchak.

Comment

Prince is talking to Jets

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post

The rookie pool numbers are always vastly overinflated considering you have to deduct $610k from every draft pick to get the right first year number. So if the Broncos draft 10 players you basically deduct $6m from that rookie pool and they only cost $4m in cap in 2020.

Comment

I think it was Barnwell who said it, and I kind of agree -- kinda don't. Obviously Glasgow is useful and a good player, but if the point of having Munchak is because he can get more out of less, there was probably better use of all this money (defense).

I dunno, I keep going back and forth on it.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                    I think it was Barnwell who said it, and I kind of agree -- kinda don't. Obviously Glasgow is useful and a good player, but if the point of having Munchak is because he can get more out of less, there was probably better use of all this money (defense).

Or we can get him some actual talent and make the OL [email protected]$$

Comment

• Originally posted by Requiem View Post

Suddenly that “70M” doesn’t look so big

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

I don't agree because, above Munchak, the Broncos hired Fangio as HC because he is a defensive mastermind, so by that logic he should also get more out of less on defense. Shurmur QB guru, Munchak OL guru, Fangio defensive guru, so where should the money go? I think that, with a coach like Munchak, you still have to build a quality OL to dominate up front and, at the same time, take advantage of his coaching skills to build better depth by elevating the level of the lesser players and developing some diamonds in the rough.

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post

That's the wrong way to think about it. Just because you have a great coach doesn't mean you skimp on talent. That will land you in trouble in a hurry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Suddenly that “70M” doesn’t look so big
                            The amount of space is only relative to who you want as the top tier FA signing of your class.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

That's the wrong way to think about it. Just because you have a great coach doesn't mean you skimp on talent. That will land you in trouble in a hurry.
                              This all day. You still need talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post

This all day. You still need talent.
                                People tend to forget, that Pitt OL that he got a ton out of has 2 1st round picks in Pouncey and DeCastro on it. You can shuffle around other pieces but you still need a foundational core.

Comment

Working...
                                X