Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broncos sign C/G Graham Glasgow (4 years, 44 million - 26 gtd.)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020 base is only $2.5M and signing bonus was $12M. Cap hit for 2020 is only $6M

    Comment


    • Seems everyone wants to crown this guy as an all pro caliber player. Hard not to forget though that the team he played for, the Lions, didn't think this way about him. They saw him for 4 years and didn't really even think of him as an every down starter. Probably broncos are just getting an average guard, which isn't bad.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by uplink View Post
        Seems everyone wants to crown this guy as an all pro caliber player. Hard not to forget though that the team he played for, the Lions, didn't think this way about him. They saw him for 4 years and didn't really even think of him as an every down starter. Probably broncos are just getting an average guard, which isn't bad.
        We don't think of him as all pro, we think of him as a very consistent, healthy player, who is a clear upgrade from McGovern. He's the 10th highest paid guard in the nfl. He's not all pro, but just below pro bowl caliber (only 8 pro bowl guards every year) and that's fine.
        Last edited by sgbfan; 03-27-2020, 12:06 PM.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

          We're don't think of him as all pro, we think of him as a very consistent, healthy player, who is a clear upgrade from McGovern. He's the 10th highest paid guard in the nfl. He's not all pro, but just below pro bowl caliber (only 8 pro bowl guards every year) and that's fine.
          And he can ply C at a high level at a moments notice as well. Hell, he played all along the o line at MICH.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

            And he can ply C at a high level at a moments notice as well. Hell, he played all along the o line at MICH.
            Yep Glasgow and Morris/ Wilkinson/Rookie is better than McGovern and Leary. We upgraded the interior OL, and Risner will only get better.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post
              2020 base is only $2.5M and signing bonus was $12M. Cap hit for 2020 is only $6M
              Basically replicating Saffold's deal from last year (highest G contract) but with more signing bonus / guaranteed money. Essentially a three-year deal anyways.

              Comment


              • I don't know why all the hate on McGovern. I like the guy. He is young and getting better. I think Denver should resign him if possible.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
                  I don't know why all the hate on McGovern. I like the guy. He is young and getting better. I think Denver should resign him if possible.
                  He signed with the Jets 11 days ago.

                  Comment


                  • Fangio said in a 1 on 1 report that he views Glasgow as the guard. We must really like Pat Morris enough to trust him to snap the ball to and protect Lock, or we are going to be going C way earlier in the draft than we think.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Perfusionist View Post
                      Fangio said in a 1 on 1 report that he views Glasgow as the guard. We must really like Pat Morris enough to trust him to snap the ball to and protect Lock, or we are going to be going C way earlier in the draft than we think.
                      It’s a really good draft for C. Should be a good one at 46

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

                        It’s a really good draft for C. Should be a good one at 46
                        Yep. If we are going in round 2 for one, I hope it's either Ruiz or Cushenberry. If they wait till day 3, then Tyler Biadascz

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

                          He signed with the Jets 11 days ago.
                          oh bummer

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Perfusionist View Post

                            Yep. If we are going in round 2 for one, I hope it's either Ruiz or Cushenberry. If they wait till day 3, then Tyler Biadascz
                            Hennesey is also being looked at.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post

                              Hennesey is also being looked at.
                              If Hennesey is who Munchak wants, then it’s all good.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X