Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Texans just traded DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th round pick for David Johnson and a 2nd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Texans just traded DeAndre Hopkins and a 4th round pick for David Johnson and a 2nd

Wow. Discuss. What are the Texans doing. I woulda given up a 2nd for DeAndre Hopkins easily.

wtf

Comment

This only makes any sense if Watson and Hopkins had a bad relationship and, even then, the compensation was laughable. If O'Brien did not consult with Watson first, then it's a great way to make your young franchise QB mad.

Comment

I would not have been pissed if we gave up a 1st for Hoplins and the cardinals only had to give up a salary dump and a 2nd rd pick. Unreal.

Comment

If the Texans could land Amari Cooper as I've heard rumored. It's not a bad deal.

Comment

dude what are the broncos doing.

We need a 2nd receiver.

Comment

Agree with most of the sentiment here that Denver should have acted on this. I haven't been an advocate for paying up at WR this offseason, but if a guy like Hopkins is being that discounted it's dumb they didn't take a swing at him. I don't know what sort of contract Hopkins wants, but he's probably worth it. I think I'd be all about trading the #15 for Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWon View Post
                If the Texans could land Amari Cooper as I've heard rumored. It's not a bad deal.
                Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                  Agree with most of the sentiment here that Denver should have acted on this. I haven't been an advocate for paying up at WR this offseason, but if a guy like Hopkins is being that discounted it's dumb they didn't take a swing at him. I don't know what sort of contract Hopkins wants, but he's probably worth it. I think I'd be all about trading the #15 for Hopkins.
                  I doubt any team in the AFC had a legit chance. He went cheap partially because he got traded outside the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Yes it is.
                    A younger and comparable WR plus a 2nd round pick. How is that bad?

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeWon View Post

A younger and comparable WR plus a 2nd round pick. How is that bad?
                      Why screw up a perfectly great situation between Hopkins and Watson? Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the NFL. Don’t screw it just so you can acquire a 2nd. Not worth it to me.

Comment

Hopkins wanted a new contract apparently. Still a really bad deal for Houston.

Comment

when you consider how often Will Fuller is injured, this trade makes absolutely no sense

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Why screw up a perfectly great situation between Hopkins and Watson? Hopkins is one of the best WRs in the NFL. Don’t screw it just so you can acquire a 2nd. Not worth it to me.
                            That would require Bill O'Brien to see himself as the problem and not the players.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                              Hopkins wanted a new contract apparently. Still a really bad deal for Houston.
                              O’Brien is a full blown moron.
                              This is mismanagement at its finest.

Comment

Working...
                              X