Justin Simmons franchised

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Justin Simmons franchised

I keep reading how great he is as a player. I saw on Predominantly Orange they were saying he could step up and be Dennis Smith or Steve Atwater... I have never gotten the impression he is a dominant player. I never got the impression he is a great player. He always just seemed solid. What are your thoughts? It might just be the nature of the safety position but all the praise heaped on him this last year has caught me off guard.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2020...steve-atwater/

Simmons has quickly become one of the game's best young safety's and was probably the team's defensive MVP in 2019. In four seasons with the team, he has 288 total tackles, 11 interceptions (one he returned for a touchdown) and two sacks.

Yeah, he just is a good S.
    Many here believe he will be signed like Von was when they did the same to him.

Comment

No one can be Atwater or Smith anymore, the NFL has ruled out those hit that we used to love. Simmons is solid, but not spectacular, but I think with Vic, he will be worth the $$$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
        I keep reading how great he is as a player. I saw on Predominantly Orange they were saying he could step up and be Dennis Smith or Steve Atwater... I have never gotten the impression he is a dominant player. I never got the impression he is a great player. He always just seemed solid. What are your thoughts? It might just be the nature of the safety position but all the praise heaped on him this last year has caught me off guard.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2020...steve-atwater/

Simmons has quickly become one of the game's best young safety's and was probably the team's defensive MVP in 2019. In four seasons with the team, he has 288 total tackles, 11 interceptions (one he returned for a touchdown) and two sacks.
        I'm exactly where you are as far as Simmons. I think he's a good safety and maybe he can be Atwater or Smith but I haven't seen that yet. He's got some years to do it but I would not be happy with an over the top contract at this point.

Comment

Overrated

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            No one can be Atwater or Smith anymore, the NFL has ruled out those hit that we used to love. Simmons is solid, but not spectacular, but I think with Vic, he will be worth the $$$$.
            I was watching a highlight clip of Atwater a couple of weeks ago and I thought, "He would get ejected for that now."

My Dennis Smith story: Back in the day, me and a friend and his son were sitting in the North stands of Mile High and Dennis Smith caught an interception, ran out of bounds then through the EZ and handed the ball up to by friend's son, who was standing up and cheering with his Dennis Smith jersey on. Great moment.

Comment

People can talk about Atwater, but Dennis Smith was by far the hardest hitter in Broncos' history..... Although he showed to be a huge liability in big games in coverage. Smith was right up there with Lott and Tatum for hard hitters.

Comment

Simmons is great. Lol

Comment

Good deal. Simmons is a damn good S.

Comment

Working...
                  X