12 men?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 men?

I know, I know 100 post rule. Here's the deal though. There was a challenge last night to see if we had 12 men on the field - we did, and it cost us. What I don't understand is how this can be challenged. Coaches challenges have to do with calls on the field, ie possession, completions, yardage. All of those are calls by the refs and can be challenged by the coaches. But 12 men on the field? That's not a challenge of a ruling by the ref. What it is is using replay to go back in time and see if there was a foul. Am I stupid, what am I missing? This seems like a horrible use of replay and challenges. Just sayin.

The real question is how does a pro team not get the right amount of players on the field. Has to be bad organization by the coaches.

Comment

True

Comment

This happened multiple times yesterday. The defense looks out of place, confused and out of sorts. I blame the coaches. JDR has bragged all year to NBC and any broadcast team that will listen that we use alllllllllll 45 guys dressed on the roster. If you do your job, you'll play, there is a place for you here, blah blah blah. Apparently, these guys can't do their job or get in the right place at the right time. If it's not on JDR for that principle, it could be because we switched up play calling responsibility from Wood to Trevathan and this defense seems to have gone to **** since then, and nobody knows where they are supposed to be. That also is on the coaches.

This defense needs to pull their head out of their ass, from Fox down to JDR and onto the field. Last night was embarrassing. Why pay the QB $20 million to stand on the sideline because the defense can't figure out how to get a 3rd down stop?

Comment

No. I agree. Can we go back and challenge that Miller was being held on a specific play? That's basically the same thing. No?

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post
            No. I agree. Can we go back and challenge that Miller was being held on a specific play? That's basically the same thing. No?

Exactly!

Comment

So many things wrong with this game from the mental aspect.

Coaches & Players are equally responsible for the product that was marched out there last night.

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Because it&#39;s not a judgment call. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/SBJ_007">@SBJ_007</a>: why is that penalty challengeable, but others are not?</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/411338063147569152">December 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
                <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

Originally posted by slatimer View Post
                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Because it's not a judgment call. RT <a href="https://twitter.com/SBJ_007">@SBJ_007</a>: why is that penalty challengeable, but others are not?</p>&mdash; Andrew Mason (@MaseDenver) <a href="https://twitter.com/MaseDenver/statuses/411338063147569152">December 13, 2013</a></blockquote>
                  <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                  I refuse that logic and disagree on principle.

Comment

Curse you Michael Dean Perry!

Comment

We shouldn't be asking why it is challengeable. WE should be asking why the **** we had 12 men on the field 4 ****ing times last night

We had to burn an early timeout in the second half for one. This is coaching through and through. JDR getting cute subbing Woody and Nacho and no one even knowing who is in for what package. JDR thank you.

The defense last night was just WTF atrocious. I really couldn't stand watching it. I think the Irving offsides on the punt really punctuated the WTF moment of the night.

Comment

Originally posted by Harvitz81 View Post
                        We shouldn't be asking why it is challengeable. WE should be asking why the **** we had 12 men on the field 4 ****ing times last night

We had to burn an early timeout in the second half for one. This is coaching through and through. JDR getting cute subbing Woody and Nacho and no one even knowing who is in for what package. JDR thank you.

The defense last night was just WTF atrocious. I really couldn't stand watching it. I think the Irving offsides on the punt really punctuated the WTF moment of the night.
                        Yep.

A complete disaster

Comment

Originally posted by DenverBound View Post

No.

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                            So many things wrong with this game from the mental aspect.

Coaches & Players are equally responsible for the product that was marched out there last night.
                            bingo! the chargers who travelled looked like the better prepared team on a short week schedule."sloppy" is the over-riding theme and that penalty just personafide the nature of our effort and gameplan

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                              bingo! the chargers who travelled looked like the better prepared team on a short week schedule."sloppy" is the over-riding theme and that penalty just personafide the nature of our effort and gameplan
                              They did. Now they just gotta get it right

Comment

Working...
                              X