X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

Bassey was on Jim Nagy's list of underrated nickel CBs that can contribute immediately:

The guy played at the Senior Bowl, was invited to the Combine, projected as a 5th-6th rounder by NFL.com and NFL Draft Scout, so he seems to be more than an UDFA longshot. Bouye and Ojemudia are safe, as is Callahan if healthy, so it's going to be a tough battle among Bausby, Harris, Dawson, Yiadom and Bassey for 2 or 3 spots.

Bausby might be considered safe in the top 4, but the Broncos chose not to tender him as a restricted FA, willing to let him hit the open market before re-signing him for $825,000 with no guaranteed money, so his projection is not so easy. Bausby can be the #2 or go all the way out of the roster depending on his camp and preseason.

The top of the CB depth does not look so great with Bouye as an iffy #1, but it's a well-rounded group overall with quality competiton for the final spots.
    Bausby is safe if healthy. That was the only reason they non tendered him. The neck allowed them to take a longer look.
    Really excited about Bassey, given his size I thought there was a chance he could go undrafted but I figured a team would take a flyer on him in the 7th to avoid having to bid on him.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I like the UDFA Bassey a lot so I'm not worried about the CB depth.
    Bassey was on Jim Nagy's list of underrated nickel CBs that can contribute immediately:

The guy played at the Senior Bowl, was invited to the Combine, projected as a 5th-6th rounder by NFL.com and NFL Draft Scout, so he seems to be more than an UDFA longshot. Bouye and Ojemudia are safe, as is Callahan if healthy, so it's going to be a tough battle among Bausby, Harris, Dawson, Yiadom and Bassey for 2 or 3 spots.

Bausby might be considered safe in the top 4, but the Broncos chose not to tender him as a restricted FA, willing to let him hit the open market before re-signing him for $825,000 with no guaranteed money, so his projection is not so easy. Bausby can be the #2 or go all the way out of the roster depending on his camp and preseason.

The top of the CB depth does not look so great with Bouye as an iffy #1, but it's a well-rounded group overall with quality competiton for the final spots.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

This is an area where I really do trust Fangio. If they are comfortable developing the young guys, then I trust him. I really wouldn't mind seeing another established vet though.
    I like the UDFA Bassey a lot so I'm not worried about the CB depth. I think the young guys will step up and develop. I also like Duke Dawson a lot so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• Powderaddict
    replied

Ryan and Johnson will be expensive, they're looking to get paid.
    The others I see no point in signing without first seeing how the young guys do. At some point you have to actually develop youngsters instead of always signing guys.
    This is an area where I really do trust Fangio. If they are comfortable developing the young guys, then I trust him. I really wouldn't mind seeing another established vet though.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
    Darqueze Dennard, Logan Ryan, Trumaine Johnson, Tramon Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick. These are some of the CBs available. I guess the Broncos will only consider signing one of them if they see the current group is struggling on the field [if there's a preseason or early in the season].
    Ryan and Johnson will be expensive, they're looking to get paid.
    The others I see no point in signing without first seeing how the young guys do. At some point you have to actually develop youngsters instead of always signing guys.

Leave a comment:

• -Rod-
    replied
    Darqueze Dennard, Logan Ryan, Trumaine Johnson, Tramon Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick. These are some of the CBs available. I guess the Broncos will only consider signing one of them if they see the current group is struggling on the field [if there's a preseason or early in the season].

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied
    Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
    At least we're talking about CBs now ...Even if Callahan is healthy, which I'm not confident he is, but even if he is healthy, we need another CB.

WITHOUT him, we must start and rely on TWO of: Dawson, Bausby, Yiadom and Ojemudia.

What free agents are still out there?
    Logan Ryan.

Leave a comment:

• BroncoBuff
    replied
    At least we're talking about CBs now ...Even if Callahan is healthy, which I'm not confident he is, but even if he is healthy, we need another CB.

WITHOUT him, we must start and rely on TWO of: Dawson, Bausby, Yiadom and Ojemudia.

What free agents are still out there?

Leave a comment:

• Perfusionist
    replied
    Roby wouldn't have made it as a zone player. He thrived as a #3 man CB, and asking him to be a #2 or #1 zone CB would be a disaster. Considering Bouye is making around 13 million, 12 would be too much for someone who can't handle a #1 WR.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post

He’s not a $12M/yr corner based on what everyone else got this offseason. That’s on O’Brien and his inability to read the market.
    His contract is about the going rate for a player of his age and skill. Don't see the issue.

Leave a comment:

• sgbfan
    replied
    Roby is a good #2 outside CB. 10-12 million a year for that is fine. We hoped that he'd turn in to a Talib type player, but he never did. There's a middle ground between shut down CB1 and scrub that sucks, and Roby is square in the middle of that.

Leave a comment:

• Hercules Rockefeller
    replied
    Roby is better than most Broncos fans give him credit for.
    He’s not a $12M/yr corner based on what everyone else got this offseason. That’s on O’Brien and his inability to read the market.

Leave a comment:

• TonyR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• qbronco
    replied
    Covington signs with Broncos:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...tian-covington

Leave a comment:

• Quoydogs
    replied
    Roby sucked