Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Annual Free Agency Signings Thread 2020

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

    Ryan and Johnson will be expensive, they're looking to get paid.
    The others I see no point in signing without first seeing how the young guys do. At some point you have to actually develop youngsters instead of always signing guys.
    This is an area where I really do trust Fangio. If they are comfortable developing the young guys, then I trust him. I really wouldn't mind seeing another established vet though.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

      This is an area where I really do trust Fangio. If they are comfortable developing the young guys, then I trust him. I really wouldn't mind seeing another established vet though.
      I like the UDFA Bassey a lot so I'm not worried about the CB depth. I think the young guys will step up and develop. I also like Duke Dawson a lot so who knows.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

        I like the UDFA Bassey a lot so I'm not worried about the CB depth.
        Bassey was on Jim Nagy's list of underrated nickel CBs that can contribute immediately:





        The guy played at the Senior Bowl, was invited to the Combine, projected as a 5th-6th rounder by NFL.com and NFL Draft Scout, so he seems to be more than an UDFA longshot. Bouye and Ojemudia are safe, as is Callahan if healthy, so it's going to be a tough battle among Bausby, Harris, Dawson, Yiadom and Bassey for 2 or 3 spots.

        Bausby might be considered safe in the top 4, but the Broncos chose not to tender him as a restricted FA, willing to let him hit the open market before re-signing him for $825,000 with no guaranteed money, so his projection is not so easy. Bausby can be the #2 or go all the way out of the roster depending on his camp and preseason.

        The top of the CB depth does not look so great with Bouye as an iffy #1, but it's a well-rounded group overall with quality competiton for the final spots.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by -Rod- View Post

          Bassey was on Jim Nagy's list of underrated nickel CBs that can contribute immediately:





          The guy played at the Senior Bowl, was invited to the Combine, projected as a 5th-6th rounder by NFL.com and NFL Draft Scout, so he seems to be more than an UDFA longshot. Bouye and Ojemudia are safe, as is Callahan if healthy, so it's going to be a tough battle among Bausby, Harris, Dawson, Yiadom and Bassey for 2 or 3 spots.

          Bausby might be considered safe in the top 4, but the Broncos chose not to tender him as a restricted FA, willing to let him hit the open market before re-signing him for $825,000 with no guaranteed money, so his projection is not so easy. Bausby can be the #2 or go all the way out of the roster depending on his camp and preseason.

          The top of the CB depth does not look so great with Bouye as an iffy #1, but it's a well-rounded group overall with quality competiton for the final spots.
          Bausby is safe if healthy. That was the only reason they non tendered him. The neck allowed them to take a longer look.
          Really excited about Bassey, given his size I thought there was a chance he could go undrafted but I figured a team would take a flyer on him in the 7th to avoid having to bid on him.

          Comment

          Working...
          X