Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roby resigned with Texans for $12 million per year and McGovern signed with the Jets for $9 million per year. I never would have thought that. Maybe Denver should have hung on to Rody.

Comment

• Roby is just continued proof that O’Brien has 0 feel for any market.

Comment

• Roby is better than most Broncos fans give him credit for.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
          Roby is better than most Broncos fans give him credit for.
          Was a huge part of the SB win.

Comment

• Roby sucked

Comment

• Covington signs with Broncos:

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...tian-covington

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                  Roby is better than most Broncos fans give him credit for.
                  He’s not a $12M/yr corner based on what everyone else got this offseason. That’s on O’Brien and his inability to read the market.

Comment

• Roby is a good #2 outside CB. 10-12 million a year for that is fine. We hoped that he'd turn in to a Talib type player, but he never did. There's a middle ground between shut down CB1 and scrub that sucks, and Roby is square in the middle of that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post

He’s not a $12M/yr corner based on what everyone else got this offseason. That’s on O’Brien and his inability to read the market.
                      His contract is about the going rate for a player of his age and skill. Don't see the issue.

Comment

• Roby wouldn't have made it as a zone player. He thrived as a #3 man CB, and asking him to be a #2 or #1 zone CB would be a disaster. Considering Bouye is making around 13 million, 12 would be too much for someone who can't handle a #1 WR.

Comment

• At least we're talking about CBs now ...Even if Callahan is healthy, which I'm not confident he is, but even if he is healthy, we need another CB.

WITHOUT him, we must start and rely on TWO of: Dawson, Bausby, Yiadom and Ojemudia.

What free agents are still out there?

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBuff View Post
                            At least we're talking about CBs now ...Even if Callahan is healthy, which I'm not confident he is, but even if he is healthy, we need another CB.

WITHOUT him, we must start and rely on TWO of: Dawson, Bausby, Yiadom and Ojemudia.

What free agents are still out there?
                            Logan Ryan.

Comment

• Darqueze Dennard, Logan Ryan, Trumaine Johnson, Tramon Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick. These are some of the CBs available. I guess the Broncos will only consider signing one of them if they see the current group is struggling on the field [if there's a preseason or early in the season].

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                                Darqueze Dennard, Logan Ryan, Trumaine Johnson, Tramon Williams, Dre Kirkpatrick. These are some of the CBs available. I guess the Broncos will only consider signing one of them if they see the current group is struggling on the field [if there's a preseason or early in the season].
                                Ryan and Johnson will be expensive, they're looking to get paid.
                                The others I see no point in signing without first seeing how the young guys do. At some point you have to actually develop youngsters instead of always signing guys.

Comment

Working...
                                X